[NEohioPAL] The Songs of the Gershwins Come Alive at LCCC's Stocker Arts Center

Kimberly Carrasquillo kcarrasq at lorainccc.edu
Mon Sep 12 10:28:25 PDT 2011

The Songs of the Gershwins Come Alive at LCCC's Stocker Arts Center

Climb in the time machine and return to the Manhattan that George and
Ira Gershwin called home when "Syncopated City: The Gershwins in New
York" comes to Lorain County Community College's Stocker Arts Center.

The fun filled music show will be performed at 8 p.m., Friday, September
30 and Saturday, October 1 in the Studio Theatre of Stocker Arts Center.
The show is part of the Studio Theatre Cabaret series.

Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for children and LCCC students with a
valid ID. Tickets may be ordered by calling (440) 366-4040, or may be
purchased at the Stocker Arts Center Box Office, from 12-6 p.m., Monday
to Friday. To order tickets online, visit www.stockerartscenter.com
<http://www.stockerartscenter.com> .

Mark Flanders and Joan Ellison star in this tribute to the Gershwins,
showing audiences what favorite songs such as "Someone to Watch Over
Me," "S'Wonderful," "Do-Do-Do," "I Got Rhythm," "Bidin' My Time," and
"I'd Rather Charleston" may have sounded when they debuted on Broadway.

Two pianos, played by Jason Aquila and Jodie Ricci, along with The
Melody Maids, a girl trio featuring Ellison, Lydia Hall and Kimberly
Godfrey, add to the musical fun.

For more information, visit www.stockerartscenter.com.

Kim Carrasquillo

Writer