[NEohioPAL] Heights Youth Theatre Holding Auditions for Beauty and the Beast - September 15 and 16

Pamela Fine olydia78 at ameritech.net
Tue Sep 13 05:03:38 PDT 2011

Auditions for Beauty and the Beast are open to all actors in grades 1-12

Thursday, September 15, 2011
Friday, September 16, 2011

Wiley Auditorium
2181 Miramar Blvd.
University Hts., Ohio 44118

These will be open-call auditions -- you do not need to schedule an appointment. Auditions will be held from 5-8:30 PM, so we ask that no one arrives later than 8 PM to ensure we are able to end on time.

Please prepare 32-bars (approximately 1 minute) of a contemporary musical theater song in the style of the show. No pop/rock songs please! You will need to provide clearly marked sheet music in the correct key. An accompanist will be provided. No acapella singing please.

Please provide a headshot (or recent photo) and a resume (if available) at your audition. NOTE: These will not be returned to you.  You should bring proper dance attire as you may be asked to stay for a dance audition.

Call-backs (by invitation only) will be determined shortly. If you do not receive a callback, it does NOT mean that you are not being considered for casting!

**Rehearsals begin the week of October 10 and the show will run for three weekends opening December 2 and running through December 17**

A NOTE REGARDING CASTING: "Beauty and the Beast" is a massive undertaking and promises to be an exceptional experience for both the cast and the audience alike! With this in mind, we ask that all auditioners remember that theater is a collaborative art-form, and a production's success relies on EVERYONE's contributions. If you find yourself only wanting to get "the lead," you may want to re-evaluate your desire to audition. We are looking for a cast of people who are excited to create Disney magic and work hard no matter what role they are cast in. As we are sure you know, Beauty and the Beast is a MASSIVE ensemble show, so even the non-leads are hugely important!

Also, due to the nature and technical complexity of this show, younger actors (6th grade and under) are only being considered for ensemble roles (with the exception of the role of CHIP). Younger ensemble members will only be in a few numbers, however they will receive a rewarding and challenging experience!

Questions? e-mail heightsyouththeatre at gmail.com     www.heightsyouththeare.org

Heights Youth Theatre programming is made possible by the generous support of  the residents of Cuyahoga County through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture, Eaton Charitable Fund, the Ohio Arts Council, and the O'Neill Foundation