[NEohioPAL] Ballet In the Alley Fund Riaser

Rebecca Maddamma lucigucci at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 04:36:09 PDT 2011

PRESS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:  9-12-2011

CONTACT:
            Lauren LeBlanc                                                           Rebecca
Maddamma
            (216) 575-1058                                                            (216)
791-8998
            clevelandheights.tenthousandvillages.com        Cedar Hill Salon
            Ticket and Event Information                           Event & Great
Lakes Youth Ballet Information

“Ballet
in The Alley – An Urban Cultural Fiesta”
October
23, 2011
Ten
Thousand Villages & Cedar Hill Salon
Cedar
Road – Cleveland Heights OH
3:00
pm – 7:00 pm
fair-trade artisan experience to benefit the Great Lakes Youth Ballet

(Cleveland
Heights, OH)  Ten Thousand Villages, an
international fair trade retailer along with Cedar Hill Salon, a Paul Mitchell
Focus salon and staple in the community, proudly invites you to attend “Ballet
in the Alley – An Urban Cultural Fiesta”; a 4th Annual Ten Thousand
Villages networking event which promises to showcase the Cedar-Fairmount
district in a very unique fashion. Ten Thousand Villages and Cedar Hill Salon
have joined together with our community partners in order to present this
celebration of the arts.

This
year’s Fiesta promises exciting networking opportunities as participants enjoy
a wonderful variety of art pieces from around the world while shopping
accompanied by the sounds of classical harp, Spanish guitar and local
jazz.  We move thru our very own “alley”
to a silent auction offering a variety of specialty items for bidding fun
followed by heavy appetizers and a special performance by the young dancers of
Great Lakes Youth Ballet under the direction of renowned Artistic Director Ana
Lobe, formally of the Cleveland Ballet, San Jose Ballet and Cuban Ballet and
MaryAnn Black of the University of Akron’s Dance Department. Great Lakes Youth
Ballet is a tax-exempt charitable organization whose mission is to provide
excellence in dance education dedicated to nurturing meaningful cultural
opportunities for our community and to encourage and inspire through the art of
dance.

Advance
tickets are available for $25 per person or $40 for two thru Ten Thousand
Villages 12425 Cedar Road, Cleveland Heights OH  44106  clevelandheights.tenthousandvillages.com
or by calling our store (216) 575-1058.  Store hours are: 10 am – 7 pm Mon-Fri, 10 am – 9pm Sat and 11 am – 9 pm
Sun.

Your tax-deductible
tickets and all proceeds go to Great Lakes Youth Ballet.

About Ten Thousand Villages of Cleveland Heights
Ten Thousand Villages in Cleveland Heights, OH is a fair
trade retailer of artisan-crafted home décor, personal accessories and gift items
from across the globe.  Featuring
products from more than 130 artisan groups in some 38 countries, we are part of
a network of over 390 retail outlets throughout the United States selling Ten
Thousand Villages products.  As one of
the world’s oldest and largest fair trade organizations, Ten Thousand Villages
has spent more than 60 years cultivating trading relationships in which
artisans receive a affair price for their work and consumers have access to
distinctive handcrafted items.  We seek
to establish long-term buying relationships in places where skilled artisans
are under – or unemployed, and in which they lack other opportunities for
income.  A founding member of the World
Fair-Trade Organization (WTFO), Ten Thousand Villages sees fair trade as an
alternative approach to conventional international trade.

Ten Thousand Villages, for the past 8 years, has
demonstrated that it is a local, national and international business leader in
its commitment to social and environmental responsibility; named one of the
“World’s Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute and Forbes
Magazine.