[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS For New Webseries!

Taliesin Govannon taliesin at neo.rr.com
Tue Sep 13 00:49:54 PDT 2011

*True Alternatives Media*, in association with Draco Productions, is
proud to announce the production of it's new webseries,/_"The Emotional
Wrecks Society"._/  We are currently accepting headshots and resumes
from actors/actresses interested in appearing in the new dramatic
webseries, due to shoot and air during the autumn/winter of 2011.

This is a "slice of life"-style show... it includes drama, comedy,
romance, and more.  The story revolves around The Emotional Wrecks
Society (*EWS*), a club formed by middle-school friends who didn't fit
in anywhere else.  Now that they're in their early 20's, they find the
bonds of friendship vital to navigating the waters of adult life.

The parts being cast include:

/_Main Cast:_/
*Hope Goode* - (early 20's) Outspoken and bold, Hope never tried to hide
being a lesbian.  That's because her older sister, Sarah, is also gay,
and Hope has spent her life emulating her "cool" older sister.  She's
tough, but feminine.  She's the vocal leader of things, but never allows
her friends' opinions to go unheard.  She's both the most sexually
adventurous and experienced of the group, but is starting to tire of her
extended string of brief hook-ups and failed relationships.  One of
three original members of the EWS.

*David "Dante" Lowell* -- (early 20's) A sensitive artist-type, Dante is
a young, slim gay male.  Unlike Hope, he struggled with coming out, but
managed to do so before he graduated.  He's somewhat cynical, but a
hopeless romantic at the same time.  The second of three original
members of the EWS.

*Theodore "Trick" Carlton* -- (early 20's) A straight male, he likes to
joke about being the "heterosexual minority" in the group.  His own
relationship exploits are legendary...he's lost two girlfriends who
nonetheless remain a part of the circle: Janet and Allison (though
Allison is away at college).  He tries to be the best boyfriend he can
be for his relationships, but has never been able to build anything
meaningful.  A snarky smart-ass, Trick nonetheless cares deeply about
his friends, and would do anything for them.  The third original member
of the EWS.

*Janet Lowe* -- (early 20's) One of the more recent members of the EWS
(in for under a year), Janet is an ex of both Trick (who brought her in)
and Hope (who she dated after breaking up with trick).  She's genuinely
bisexual... she's not trying to be trendy, going through a phase, or
being slutty (though she's been accused of being all three).  She
struggles more than the others, because she catches flack from both the
gay and straight community.

*Vanessa Paradise* -- (early 20's) The show is told from Vanessa's
perspective.  She enters as Trick's latest girlfriend, but becomes
interested in getting to know Hope better once she finds out that Hope
is gay.  Vanessa's mother has recently come out as a
late-in-life-lesbian, and Vanessa has had a difficult time talking to
her about the changes in her life.  She hopes that, by getting to know
Hope better, that she'll be able to relate with her Mom as well.  She
gets more than she bargained for, however, as the buried secrets of her
own sexuality are brought to the surface, and she realizes that she's
more like her Mother than she thought.

/_Supporting Cast:_/
*Bridget Paradise* - (early-mid 40's) Vanessa's Mother, she desperately
wants for her daughter to be OK with her being gay, yet doesn't want to
force anything.  The proto-typical suburban Mom, Bridget married young
and started her family right away, but now has to now reconcile her past
domestic aspirations with her newfound acceptance of her sexuality.

*Peter McManus* - (late 30's) Bridget's brother and Vanessa's Uncle,
Pete has alway been to "go to" guy for a sympathetic ear and reasoned
advice.  His family needs him now, more than ever.

While it would be preferable to have "out" gay/lesbian actors to play
the LGBTQ parts, it's not mandatory.  What IS mandatory is an open mind,
a sense of empathy, and a burning desire to get your name OUT THERE and
your talent NOTICED!

We dislike cattle-call auditions, so we are accepting headshots and
resumes from interested potential cast members.  Once we have enough
interested/potentially suitable parties, we will schedule a private
audition day that will be invitation only.  Those who inquire early will
be sent audition sides to familiarize themselves with.  True
Alternatives cast our last film (Dark of Moon, to be released later in
September) this way, to rousing success.

Past film experience is NOT mandatory!

Send your headshots and resumes to: *taliesin at neo.rr.com*

And if you feel like it, check out out last project, Dark of
Moon:*http://www.darkofmoon.com* *http://www.facebook.com/Darkofmoonmovie
*
taliesin at neo.rr.com

Dark of Moon - The Homepage <http://www.darkofmoon.com>

/"I was first struck by the absence of time, having depended on it so
completely as a measure of myself and my life. Moving backwards into the
perpetual night that consumes purpose and deed, all passion and will. I
come to you, old friend, with the dull clarity of the dead not to beckon
you but to feel the fire and intensity that still live in you... and the
heavy weight of your burdens which I had once borne. There is truth
here, old friend, if that's all you seek but there's no justice or
judgment without which truth is a vast, dead hollow. Go back. Do not
look into the abyss or let the abyss look into you. Awaken the sleep of
reason and fight the monsters within and without."/