[NEohioPAL] Emma Gatewood program premieres on November 1, 2011

Bette Lou Higgins blhiggins at edenvalleyenterprises.org
Thu Oct 6 12:17:52 PDT 2011

I am happy to announce the premier performance of our newest program: EMMA GATEWOOD: OHIO'S LEGENDARY HIKER on Tuesday, November 1!

In 1955, Emma Gatewood was 67 years old. She had raised 11 children. And now she had become the first woman to solo thru-hike the Appalachian Trail! Come hear her amazing story on Tuesday, November 1, 2011 at the Westlake Community Services Center at 29694 Center Ridge Rd in Westlake, Ohio. Tickets are $2.00 and include lunch and the program. Registration is required. Call the center at 440-899-3544 for reservations and complete information.

This program is the first phase of an ongoing project to tell Emma's story with our video partner, FilmAffects. Funding for research and this script has been generously provided by The National Storytelling Network, The Buckeye Trail Association and the Ohio Humanities Council. (See:  http://www.edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/gtwdinf.htm)

For a complete summary of this project read our director's report at:  http://www.edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/progress.htm

 In the meantime, why not enjoy a song about Grandma Gatewood written by Mike Petee at:  http://www.edenvalleyenterprises.org/progdesc/gatewood/petee.htm

To arrange for this, or any of our programs, to be presented for your group simply contact us with your request.

For a complete schedule of our events see:  http://www.edenvalleyenterprises.org/calendar.html

Bette Lou Higgins
Artistic Director
Eden Valley Enterprises