[NEohioPAL] FW: 'Night Mother -Powerful, Emotional, Engrossing?

Zoldessy, Brian Brian.Zoldessy at tri-c.edu
Thu Oct 20 16:13:07 PDT 2011

Dear Subscribers -

I was very hesitant about posting my reaction to this controversy
concerning the recent review of 'Night Mother. Although the critique was
very flattering, plagiarism needs to be addressed.

In all honesty, although 'Night Mother is very hard to watch because of
its subject matter, this rarely produced play is a really good show. The
audience reaction, as well as the emails I have received (see one
below), have been very gratifying, and Joy Borland and Bernadette
Clemens are amazing.  This weekend we close, so if you have a chance,
come see it for yourself. You will not be disappointed.  The running
time is 117 minutes at $10 a pop, no intermission. You will definitely
get a bang for your buck! And if you happen to know me personally, and
see the show, you might understand why I chose this very difficult and
demanding script.

As odd as this may seem, I appreciated the fact that this individual
took some time to post his review, but of course, I do not condone his
action.  I have been a College Professor for 26 years, and plagiarism is
an automatic expulsion from any college or university. So thank you Mr.
Falkofsky for keeping your eye on the ball.

Thanks for your time.  Stay well.

Brian Z

Hi Brian,

 I have been so busy with midterms this week that I haven't had a chance
to congratulate you on the outstanding production of 'Night, Mother.
Kevin and I saw the play on opening night, and as usual the production
was excellent.  Bernadette Clemens and Joy Borland were both wonderful.
Even though I knew what was coming, I was on the edge of my seat. Kudos
for an outstanding production.

Best,

Beverly

Beverly A. Thornton