[NEohioPAL] Only 3 performances left of SPRINGBOARD

Rebecca Cole rhill at cptonline.org
Fri Oct 21 09:37:20 PDT 2011

Springboard: A Staged-Reading Festival has only one weekend left! Don't miss out on this innovative staged-reading process, especially with the great plays that are happening this weekend!

If you missed the well - received, double bill, Andrew Jackson Ate my Homework and Art & Werewolves last night, it's not too late! Join us on Saturday at 7pm.

Andrew Jackson Ate My Homework: A Racial Farce
Written by Thomas Hayes    Directed by Cassie Neumann
In Andrew Jackson Ate My Homework, a young man attempts to synthesize the strangeness of race as he passes through a collage of scenes that reveal and explore the issue of race in daily life and throughout (some of) history.

Art and Werewolves
Written by Cat Kenney   Directed by Lynna Metrisin
Zoe is a painter struggling with a lull in her creativity, as well as in her relationship with her girlfriend, Rachel. A mysterious encounter infects her with inspiration, but is art worth the price? And what does the full moon have to do with it?

Playing Friday at 7pm and Sunday at 3pm (and finishing out the Springboard series) is Napoleon of the Nile by George Seremba, a Visiting Professor at Case Western Reserve University and playwright in residence at the Cuyahoga County Library. (In other words, this is going to be very, very good)

Napoleon of the Nile
Written by George Seremba   Directed by Sheffia Randall Dooley
On a makeshift stage in a Kenyan refugee camp, three people begin an arduous, ten month journey, over 600 miles. They are shot at and bombed by government troops, militia and their very own people. Amidst the horrors of a civil war a young man befriends a widowed mother and an elderly man to form a family. This is a tale of survival against all odds and a celebration of Sudan's recent independence.

For more information or to buy tickets go to www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org>

Rebecca Hill
Marketing
Cleveland Public Theatre