[NEohioPAL] COSE Arts Network Social Event - November 1st at the Happy Dog

Charboneau, Matt MCharboneau at cose.org
Wed Oct 26 06:58:33 PDT 2011

COSE Arts Network Social
Tuesday, November 1st
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Location: The Happy Dog
5801 Detroit Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44102
Cost: $5 COSE Members, $10 Nonmembers
Register HERE<http://www.cose.org/Events/Listings/ARTS/11-01-11.aspx?Date=11%2f1%2f2011&axAuth=00000034>

Join us for our fall/winter social event at the Happy Dog<http://www.happydogcleveland.com/>, an independent live music venue and restaurant that anchors the Gordon Square Arts District. The Happy Dog, with its menu of gourmet hot dogs (vegan options available), tater tots and over 50 toppings, was recently featured on the Food Network television special, The Best Thing I Ever Ate!

Joining us with informal presentations that evening will be Christopher J. Klasa, Esq., Thompson Hine LLP and Kristin Puch, Community Partnership for Arts and Culture<http://www.cpacbiz.org/> (CPAC).

Mr. Klasa will present Content Creation, Distribution and Consumption: D.I.Y. in the Digital Age. The Digital Age has brought with it numerous avenues for you, the independent content creator, to take control of your creative career and get your music/art/book/video to an audience who might not have existed pre-internet. Musician, DJ and lawyer Christopher J. Klasa will provide will provide an overview of do-it-yourself content creation and distribution for artists of all mediums and related legal issues with a focus on providing insight on how you can turn your art into a self-contained and self-sustaining enterprise.

Ms. Puch will discuss CPAC's recent Remix Cleveland research project, and ways in which their findings will help spark new conversations for how the Cleveland Music Sector can help shape the city's future.

Following the presentation, enjoy food, drinks and networking with your peers at this neighborhood hangout for Cleveland's creatives!