[NEohioPAL] Holiday entertainment, auditions, and tidings, glad and sad: November News from CVLT

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre cvlt at cvlt.org
Tue Nov 1 14:25:27 PDT 2011

Trouble viewing this email? See it on the web at
http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm <http://www.cvlt.org/monthlymail.htm>

  _November 2011 News _

www.CVLT.org <http://www.CVLT.org> . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022

Facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://facebook.com/ChagrinTheatre>
Twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre <http://twitter.com/ChagrinTheatre>

  * *Happening in November...*
      o *NOW - November 12 : /LONELY PLANET
        <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/lonelyplanet.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>/*/at
        the River Street Playhouse/
      o *November 5 : */Youth Theater Fall Session Final Showcase/
      o *November 18 - December 18 : */*SCROOGE*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/scrooge.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>/
      o *November 25 - December 10**:* /*A TUNA CHRISTMAS*
        <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/tuna.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>/
        /at the River Street Playhouse/

  * *Open Auditions...*
      o *November 14 & 16: **Open Auditions* for /"Yankee Tavern"/
        <http://www.cvlt.org/auditions.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>
        - three men, one woman needed

  * *Coming in December...*
      o *December 10 - 11:* Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea
        <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/gingerbread.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>

      o *December 22 - 23 :* Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday
        Concert
        <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/cfso-holiday.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>
      o *December 31 :* New Year's Eve Show - Pat Mazzarino & Friends
        <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/newyear.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>

      CVLT says goodbye to our dear friend, Mr. Steve Shields...

It is with profound regret that Chagrin Valley Little Theatre reports
the passing on October 27th of our long time friend, Mr. Steve Shields.
Steve has been an extremely important partner and supporter of our
organization for several decades. Among other helpful activities through
the years, Steve has made his 56 River Street building available to CVLT
to store and work on our costumes, scenery, and props, as well as his
co-founding and gracious hosting our River Street Playhouse stage.

CVLT would not be what it is today without the generous help of Mr.
Shields, whose smiling face and kindly hello have been as much a fixture
of the theater as the stage itself. His presence and kinship will be
greatly missed.

A service will be held at Federated Church at 76 Bell Street in Chagrin
Falls, Saturday November 5, with visitation hours at Stroud-Lawrence
Funeral Home on Friday, November 4 from 2-4 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. Steve will
be laid to rest in Muncy, Pennsylvania (near Williamsport).

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre will be holding its own memorial service
to honor the life of this man who helped our organization to grow and
sustain in more ways that we can number. Details of the memorial are
still being sorted, but it is tentatively scheduled for 11 AM on
December 3. More details will appear on our website, Facebook page, and
Twitter feed as they are settled.

See you soon,
/Your Friends at CVLT/

    */Lonely Planet
    <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/lonelyplanet.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>/*

*October 28 - November 12, 2011
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM*

by Steven Dietz

*TICKETS: *$10

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/lonelyplanet.php
<http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/lonelyplanet.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by David Malinowski

Starring
Don Knepper & Matthew Mortensen

In Steven Dietz' /Lonely Planet/, Jody is an introvert who owns and
operates a map store in a rundown area of town. He is so fearful of the
outside world that he's become practically agoraphobic, seldom leaving
his store.

His far more outgoing friend Carl comes and goes regularly, and is
Jody's connection to the outside world. He brings tall tales about his
various professions, games, and entertainment. He also brings Jody a
taste of the outside world that he'd prefer not to acknowledge.

/Lonely Planet/ is an endearing, absurdly comical and poignant
friendship tale that examines two courses of thought: should we hide
ourselves away from the world and its imperfections or should we immerse
ourselves and hopefully make a difference?

    */Scrooge
    <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/scrooge.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>/*

*November 18 - December 18
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM
Sundays Nov. 27, Dec. 4*** & 18 at 2 PM *

Book, Music and Lyrics by Leslie Bricusse

*TICKETS: *$18 regular, $14 students/seniors

*Buy tickets online at http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/scrooge.php
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/scrooge.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by Michael J. Rogan
Musical Direction by David Keith Stiver
Choreographed by Laura Rightnour-Henri

Charles Dickens' classic /A Christmas Carol/ was adapted by renowned
writer/composer/lyricist Leslie Bricusse (composer of /Willy Wonka/,
among others) for the 1970 film. The popular family film was adapted for
the stage, and CVLT is proud to present it as an audience-pleaser for
your holiday season!

*** Tickets for the December 4th matinee are available exclusively
through Friends of WomenSafe <http://www.fows.info/>, a 501(c)3
non-profit with the sole mission of generating unrestricted funds for
WomenSafe. Since 1980, WomenSafe has served victims of domestic violence
throughout NE Ohio by providing crisis shelter, counseling, legal
advocacy, relocation and therapy services free of charge. Tickets for
the 12/4 matinee only are being sold exclusive through their
organization. If you wish to attend this performance, we encourage you
to call (440) 285-3741 for tickets.

    */A Tuna Christmas
    <http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/tuna.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>/*

*November 25 - December 10, 2011
Friday & Saturday nights at 8 PM*

by Jaston Williams, Joe Sears & Ed Howard

*TICKETS: *$10

*Buy tickets online at http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/tuna.php
<http://cvlt.org/82ndSeason/tuna.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>

or call 440-247-8955*

Directed by Yvonne E. Pilarczyk

Starring
David Malinowski & Joseph Dunn

The second in the series of hilarious "Tuna, Texas" comedies by Jaston
Williams, Joe Sears, and Ed Howard which features just two actors
playing over twenty eccentric characters of all ages and sexes!

In this installment, the Tuna, Texas annual Christmas Yard Display
Contest has been thrown a curve by a mysterious vandal who sabotages the
displays! Meanwhile, the townsfolk try to manage their own crazy holiday
turmoil, including family woes, probation problems, and an ill-fated
production of /A Christmas Carol/. This is wildly funny holiday
entertainment for the grown ups!

*GET YOUR BRICK!*

Starting at just $75, you can get your own custom engraved brick paver
in our front entrance sidewalk!

A unique way to commemorate a special occasion or honor that person on
your gift list who's hard to shop for!

We're taking orders now for bricks to install when the weather turns
warm again, so bisit http://www.cvlt.org/bricks
<http://www.cvlt.org/bricks/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>
to order yours today!

    Still to come in our 82nd Season...
    <http://www.cvlt.org/82ndSeason/index.php?utm_source=monthlymail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nov2011>

*MAIN STAGE PLAYS & MUSICALS:*
Enchanted April (January 13 - February 4, 2012)
The Drowsy Chaperone (March 16 - April 14, 2012)
A Night in Provence (June 1 - 23, 2012)
Hairspray (July 20 - August 18, 2012)

*RIVER STREET PLAYHOUSE:*
Yankee Tavern (February 10 - 25, 2012)
The Gin Game (April 20 - May 5, 2012)
A Steady Rain (June 29 - July 14, 2012)
Belles: A play in two acts and thirty-nine phone calls (August 10 - 25,
2012)

*SPECIAL EVENTS:*
Holiday Show & Gingerbread Tea (December 10 - 11, 2011)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Holiday Concert (December 22 - 23, 2011)
New Year's Eve Show - Pat Mazzarino & Friends (December 31, 2011)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Valentine Concert (February 11, 2012)
Youth Theater Show (February 25 - 26, 2012)
Chagrin Falls Studio Orchestra Spring Concert (May 12, 2012)

*CVLT.org . 440-247-8955
40 River Street, Chagrin Falls OH 44022*

Chagrin Valley Little Theatre is generously funded by Cuyahoga County
residents through Cuyahoga Arts and Culture. The Ohio Arts Council helps
fund our organization with state tax dollars to encourage economic
growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.