[NEohioPAL] Heads Up Arts Radio: Daybreak's Children

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Wed Nov 2 22:21:48 PDT 2011

>> Daybreak's Children
>>
>> The newest episode of Heads Up Arts Radio is up!
>>
>> HUAR is a weekly internet radio show, highlighting guests from the
>> arts community of Northeast Ohio.

Daybreak’s Children

“We can’t ignore the fact that they have scripts on the stage.”

Hosts Benjamin Rexroad and TJ Jozsa interview Actor, Director,
Playwright and Producer India Burton.
Daybreak’s Children by John Dayo-Aliya explores the black experience
in present day America.  But it’s a story that surpasses cultural
boundaries.  Sammie, the oldest child and only son, has returned to
the family home after the loss of his male lover.  Educated at
Columbia University, Sammie is unable to find a job in provincial
Memphis, Tennessee.  When Sammie suspects his father of relapsing on
his crack addiction, the family can no longer keep their skeletons in
the closet.
Working with a playwright who is in the rehearsal hall
In a staged-reading, you can’t do things “realistically”
The Director as Teacher: struggles working with young actors
The difference between African-American actors and Caucasian actors
Breaking clichés and stereotypes
Does Chekov speak to African-Americans?
African-American music and its American roots
Bad habits of untrained actors
The “Chitlin’ Circuit”
Fellow University of Akron graduate Anthony Dalton featured in Tyler
Perry’s Laugh to Keep from Crying
India and Religious Plays
TRUTH Be Told Theatrical Company at the University of Akron
The “GAY” issue
Daybreak’s Children plays November 17-19 at 8 pm with a special
matinee on Saturday at 3 pm.  Tickets are $12 or pay-what-you-can.
Call 330.990.5138 for reservations or visit the Facebook Page for more
info.