[NEohioPAL] AUDITIONS for RECKLESS at Beck Center Youth Theater - Actors Ages 12-19

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Thu Nov 3 03:29:50 PDT 2011

The Beck Center for the Arts Youth Theater, one of the oldest Youth Theaters in the country, has only a few more audition spots open for our upcoming production of the dark comedy:

RECKLESS

Written by Craig Lucas

Directed by Jonathan Kronenberger

At home on Christmas Eve, Rachel is informed by her guilty husband that he has hired a hitman to kill her, and she must flee for her life-which she does by scrambling out the bedroom window and into the snowy night. She meets and joins up with a variety of colorful characters - moving not only from town to town but psychiatrist to psychiatrist - encountering an endless series of incredible coincidences.  Throughout, Rachel is led more and more to ponder whether the modern world might not be a vast conspiracy designed to systematically undermine her own increasingly shaky sanity.

Audition/Callback Dates: (open to all Beck Center Students ages 12 to 19*)

*         Auditions: Saturday, November 21: 2:00 to 6:00 pm
& Sunday, November 20 from 1:00 to 2:00pm

*         Callbacks: Sunday, November 20 5: 2:00 to 5:00 pm

Please sign up for a one-hour audition slot at Beck Center Customer Service or call 216-521-2540 x10.

*Please note:

Although auditioning in Fall Semester, participation in this production is only available to those who will be registered in our Winter/Spring 2012 semester (either in Dance, Music, Theater or Visual Arts).

So if you are accepting a role in the show, you will need to enroll prior to the start of rehearsals.  Any questions, please feel free to contact the director, Jonathan Kronenberger, at 216-521-2540 x27.

Our Winter/Spring catalog will be available at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org> starting December 1.

Please check out and join our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Beck-Center-Theater-Education-Youth-Theater/80835041820?ref=ts

What to Prepare:

Actors are asked to prepare a short (one-minute) comedic monologue.  Actors will also be given readings from the script at the audition.

Proposed Rehearsal Schedule:

Rehearsals: January 7 - February 18, 2012
Mon, Tue, Weds, Thurs, Fri: 5:00-8:00 pm
Saturdays, Sundays: 2:30 - 6:00 pm
Please be advised that we will not use all the weekday times, we are just seeing what days work best for schedules. Also, not all cast members will be required to attend every rehearsal or the full time. An initial rehearsal schedule will be distributed at the first rehearsal and parent orientation.

Tech Week: February 19 - 23, 2012

Sunday from 1:00 - 9:00pm and Weekdays 5:00-9:00pm

All cast members are required to attend ALL rehearsals during Tech Week. Absolutely no conflicts accepted.

Performance dates:  February 24 through March 4, 2012

All cast members are required to attend all Performances!!

Fridays, February 24 & March 2 at 7:30pm

Saturdays, February 25 & March 3 at 7:30pm

Sundays, February 26 & March 4 at 3:00pm

Student Matinee: Thursday, March 1 at 10:00am

(NOTE: This will require missing school that morning.)

RECKLESS is presented through special arrangement with Dramatists Play Service.

Beck's 2011-2011  Youth Theater Season
Charlotte's Web (November 3-6, 2011); The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (December 9-18, 2011); Reckless (Feb 24-March 4, 2012) and Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka (May 4-13, 2012)

Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio.  Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions on two stages, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring local and regional artists. For more information about the Beck Center, visit our website at www.beckcenter.org.