[NEohioPAL] Candlelight Walk details and updates

Matt Wiederhold Info at mainstreetmedina.com
Tue Nov 8 06:55:18 PST 2011

It’s just around the corner!!! The 27th Candlelight Walk, sponsored by ROOT
Candles and presented by Main Street Medina

With additional support from major sponsors Summa Health System, Trillium
Creek Dermatology, The City of Medina, Minuteman Press, and Holiday Parade
of Lights sponsor World Truck Towing!

If you can spare a few hours, please join us at 10am on SUNDAY, November
13th, to decorate the Square and make the luminaries. This usually takes 2-3
hours, and is a lot of fun. We need to green wrap the light poles, add
ribbon, fluff bows and garlands, and install holiday flags throughout the
district. We also need to prepare 1,350 luminaries that help give us our
signature look.

Candlelight Walk is Nov 18-20. We are really working to push visitors to the
commercial district to shop and support merchants. Anything you can do to
help is appreciated.

We are NOT doing the window unveiling on Friday night. However, PLEASE
continue to create those amazing displays for residents and visitors to
enjoy, and to entice them into your stores.

PLEASE consider adjusting your store hours to match those of the weekend
event. Friday hours are 4-9 pm, Saturday 12-9, and Sunday 1-7.
Last year, many stores closed early, so when the Hospice Candlelighting
Ceremony was over at 5:15 on Sunday, the district was dark. (People tend to
come out at dusk to see the candle luminaries lit. )

For the third year, we are selling a limited edition holiday ornament. This
year, we honor the historic Medina County Courthouse. Ornaments are only
$20, and are available at Gramercy Gallery, The Visitors Bureau, Miss
Molly’s, and Whitey’s Army Navy.

Full event details may be found at www.mainstreetmedina.com

lMain Street Medina is also hosting several fundraisers, including a Dine &
(bring) Wine on Nov 16th at Cool Beans Café, with a four course meal
prepared by Chef Ryan Marino of the Corkscrew Saloon. Tickets are $25 each,
and are available at Cool Beans. The 8pm seating is SOLD OUT. There are 12
seats left for the 6pm seating.

lROOT Candles is graciously holding a Holiday Open House on Thursday, Dec
1st from 6:30-9pm as a benefit for Main Street Medina. Tickets are $20 each,
and include fantastic appetizers form the ROOT Kitchen, wine, a factory
tour, 25% off all décor and food products, and FIFTY PERCENT off all ROOT
Candles purchased that evening! Tickets available at ROOT Candles, Whitey’s
Army Navy, or at our website via paypal (right side of page, near the
bottom)

lFinally, please consider becoming a member of Main Street Medina. Full
details are on our website. Individual/family memberships are only $40, and
small business memberships are $200. While you do get some great benefits
and deals for being a financial supporter, you also get the satisfaction of
supporting the organization that coordinates signature events on the Square,
that helps promote shopping locally owned and operated businesses, that
helps the City with code and signage questions, that protects and preserves
our built history in the treasure of the architecture of Medina, and helps
promote the America’s Hometown as a destination.

Matt Wiederhold, executive director

Main Street Medina

5 Public Square

Medina, OH 44256

info at mainstreetmedina.com 330-952-0910

www.mainstreetmedina.com <http://www.mainstreetmedina.com/>  or Main Street
Medina on Facebook

Upcoming events:
Progressive Dinner in the District October 26th, 6:30-9:00pm
$45 per person, 4 courses!
Tickets at Marie’s Café or Main Street Café

Dine and (bring) Wine  November 16th, 6 & 8pm
$25 per person, 4 amazing courses prepared by Chef Ryan Marino of Corkscrew
Saloon.

Please visit www.mainstreetmedina.com for full menu and details

27th Candlelight Walk, presented by ROOT Candles
with support from SUMMA Health and HMT Dermatology, and many other Medina
businesses
November 18-20, 2011, hours vary
please visit www.mainstreetmedina.com for details
events listings will be updated as things are confirmed.
Come shop, shop, shop, sing, dine, and shop some more!