[NEohioPAL] Seeking Actor for Anyone Can Whistle:Lakeland Theatre

Martin Friedman martinfriedman98 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 07:21:52 PST 2011

Lakeland Theatre
is seeking an extraordinary actor for the role of
J. Bowden Hapgood
who lives in the play
Anyone Can Whistle
Music and Lyrics byStephen Sondheim
Book byArthur Laurents
Directed byMartin Friedman
Set and Lighting Design byTrad A Burns
Musical Direction byLarry Goodpaster
Choreography byJennifer Justice
Costumes Designed byHarold Crawford
Sound Designed byEric Simna
Technical DesignWilliam Amato
Production Stage ManagerJoel Rathbone
For now, why don't you contact me if you are interested and Musical Director Larry Goodpaster and I will go from there and contact you.I MAY HAVE AN EQUITYCONTRACT AVAILABLE.J. Bowden Hapgood is an interesting fellow. He has been married four times. He has worked for the government for a time and is now running away from them. Whether he is or isn’t is irrelevant; what we do know is he is a non-conformist. He is charming (he has been married four times!), maddening and can sing pretty well. He is one of the most unusual leading men in Stephen Sondheim's cadre of leading men. Male, Baritone. Between the ages of 33 and 55 years

THE PLAY:
Anyone Can Whistleis a musical about political corruption and the very fine differences between sanity and conformity. The Mayoress, Cora Hoover Hooper, who is an owner of a manufacturing plant that produces parts that never wear out. She has led her town into bankruptcy. To save the town, she creates, with her merry band of corrupt politicians, a miracle which she hopes will bring in the tourists. Unfortunately for her, during the tourist rush, the inmates of the local asylum, called the Cookie Jar, escape and 'mix' with the tourists. A doctor named Hapgood surfaces and claims to be able to identify the ‘cookies’ from the sane members of society. Nurse Fay Apple, who let her ‘cookies’ escape by accident, reappears as a consultant from Lourdes. Hapgood and Apple hook up; maybe.

Production and Rehearsal dates:
Anyone Can Whistles will open on Friday, February 3 and run through February 19, 2012. There will be 10 performances over this period. We will have a few rehearsals in early December. We will be off during the holidays; resuming rehearsals on January 2, 2012. Rehearsals will generally be Sunday afternoon/evening through Friday. We have a GREAT cast in place.
For more information please feel free to either email me, Martin Friedman, at martinfriedman98 at yahoo.comor call my cell 216/233-5441.