[NEohioPAL] Ellen: I understand your concern about the acting class BUT...

Rick MontgomeryJR rmontgom at neo.rr.com
Sat Nov 12 07:41:17 PST 2011

Dear Ellen and NEOPALites,

First let me say, I truly understand your concern. The are many, MANY
unscrupulous people who act as coaches, directors, producers, casting
'directors' etc. who prey on people's dreams and their pocket books.
sometimes the person, themselves.

But JW is not one of them.

I have worked with many directors. and tried sooo hard to learn this craft
from them because I love it. But, unfortunately, many can't help.

JW Myers can.

He IS an actor, teacher, director, and mentor. ask anyone who knows or has
worked with him. He has 'honor'.

I met JW Myers on the set of DOUGHBOY (http://doughboythemovie.com/ ,
http://www.facebook.com/DoughboyTheMovie). This film's screenplay and film
both received 5 DOVES from the DOVE Foundation
(http://www.dove.org/MovieReview.asp?Unique_ID=8729  screenplay review,
http://www.dove.org/reviewpopup.asp?Unique_ID=8968  film review ). You've
read his bio. so I don't need to go into details.

I have had the blessings of working with many of NE Ohios' coaches. Brian
Zoldessy, Victor D'Altorio, Rick Lombardo among others. even though they
might deny knowing me. I learned so much.

But on set, JW took their teachings and magnified them for the 'screen'. .
The 'theories' of acting are as different as the weather is each day in NE
Ohio . and JW has his 'theories' as well, BUT acting for the camera.

There are things that need to be known, practiced, applied. , "what IS your
'frame'?" , "how far should I turn/tilt my head?", etc. One has to learn how
the camera works and to play it.

I asked JW to do classes here in NE Ohio because I wanted to continue to
work with him and he asked me to help him set them up. I dropped the ball
because of emergencies on both sides of my  family recently.

JW was trying to protect himself with his NO GUARANTEE statement. not
'sell'.

Many of us think that because we know, have worked with, been in past
projects, etc gives us an 'in' to a director and future projects. JW just
wants TO teach. He was letting people know that taking this class did not
imply, increase the chance of, or guarantee that the attendants would be
considered with the projects that are on his upcoming schedule.

He wanted people to approach this venture with the right mindset. It is a
class. not an audition.

So. his intent is the opposite of how it was taken.

I highly recommend JW to all of you.

So, if you have questions write JW or me.. or any one of the cast members of
DOUGHBOY.

I hope this puts your minds at ease. at least a little bit.

Just keep 'working' at it.

Sincerely,

Rick Montgomery JR

330-322-5396

Email:                                     <mailto:rmontgom at neo.rr.com>
rmontgom at neo.rr.com

IMDB:
<http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1353826/> www.imdb.com/name/nm1353826/

Website:
<http://www.wix.com/RickMJr/Rick-Montgomery-JR>
www.wix.com/RickMJr/Rick-Montgomery-JR

Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/rick.montgomery.jr>
www.facebook.com/rick.montgomery.jr

Facebook videos:
<http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=201445123212853>
www.facebook.com/video/?id=201445123212853

MySpace Videos:
<http://www.myspace.com/video/contributor/24121767/videos/all>
www.myspace.com/video/contributor/24121767/videos/all   (21 clips)

"Rick has been studying with me, and he is one of the students I have of
whom I am most proud.  He takes direction very well, and is always dedicated
to finding the truth in the moment, whether in comedy or drama.  Rick is a
genuine risk-taker in his work, and he has an outrageous sense of fun.  But
he also brings a very credible maturity, both emotional and physical, to his
exploration of every character he plays.  He's truly a joy to work with."

Victor D'Altorio, acting coach to Megan Mullally (Will & Grace), Richard
Schiff (West Wing), Amanda Righetti (The Mentalist, Friday the 13th, The
OC), Laura Innes (ER), and Philip Seymour Hoffman