[NEohioPAL] Heads Up Arts Radio: Racism, Sexuality and Daybreak's Children (Opens Thursday!)

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Wed Nov 16 14:00:39 PST 2011

Join us for a special after party at The Tangier after the closing
night performance on Saturday, November 19th.

Meet the cast and crew, $2 off your appetizer (with coupon in
playbill), free music!  (No reservations needed!)

Visit the Facebook event for more information.
> Racism, Sexuality and Daybreak's Children
>
> The newest episode of Heads Up Arts Radio is up!
>
> HUAR is a weekly internet radio show, highlighting guests from the
> arts community of Northeast Ohio.
>
> Episode 32:  Racism, Sexuality & Daybreak's Children

“My struggle in life has not necessarily been being gay or black…it’s
been more so being both.”

Hosts Benjamin Rexroad and TJ Jozsa interview Akron-native and
playwright John Dayo-Aliya at the Balch Street Community Center during
rehearsal of his show, Daybreak’s Children.
Daybreak’s Children deals with racism, sexuality and crack addiction
John got the idea for Daybreak’s Children during his student his
research on crack addiction it’s effect on sexuality
The parallel between John and his characters
John shows the audience his questions
White privilege
John proves Benjamin wrong about Big Mama Thornton
America is authentically African AND authentically European
“When God was making black people, he was listening to music…”
The Black Church
How Benjamin and TJ got inducted into a church choir
TJ didn’t get into an Ivy League school, but could he become a Wall
Street banker?
Racism within the black community
How do you define yourself?
Daybreak’s Children runs Thursday, November 17 through Saturday,
November 19 at 8 pm with a special 3 pm matinee on Saturday.  Tickets
are $12 or “pay-what-you-can.”  Visit the Facebook event for more
information.
Join us for a special after party at The Tangier after the closing
night performance.  Meet the cast and crew, $2 off your appetizer
(with coupon in playbill), free music!  (No reservations needed!)
Visit the Facebook event for more information.
Contact us at:
podcast at headsupproductions.net
www.facebook.com/headsupproductions
www.headsupproductions.net