[NEohioPAL] PAID POSITION – SINGING TEACHER/ACCOMPANIST @ BECK CENTER – AGES 7-12

Jonathan Kronenberger jkronenberger at beckcenter.org
Mon Jan 2 09:40:39 PST 2012

The Beck Center for the Arts Theater Education program is seeking resumes for a Singing Teacher/Accompanist for Saturday Youth Core classes in our upcoming Winter/Spring 2012 semester.

This is a paid position (hourly).

The Winter/Spring Classes begin Saturday, February 4 and finish Saturday, May 12, 2012.

Please be aware that the teacher does need to be able to accompany on piano as well.  We do not have a separate accompanist for the classes.

The classes you would be teaching for this semester are:

Youth Core - Broadway "Glee" Club Sat. 9 am
Inspired by the hit television show, Beck Center brings together its own group of talented students in an exploration of theatrical songs. Part class and part performance, this course provides the opportunity for students to work together as a group on a wide variety of theater inspired music, culminating in an informal presentation for friends and family at the end of the semester.

Youth Core – The Singing Actor's Portfolio Sat.10 am
For the singer and non-singer alike, this course will focus on understanding your unique vocal talents and finding the songs and styles that are right for you. Investigating a variety of musical styles, students will be encouraged to stretch and explore as they strengthen not only their confidence but also their singing audition presentation - while working towards expanding their audition repertoire.

Please email cover letter and resume to jkronenberger at beckcenter.org<mailto:jkronenberger at beckcenter.org>.

Feel free to check out our complete catalog online at www.beckcenter.org.

* * * * *

Beck Center is located at 17801 Detroit Avenue in Lakewood, Ohio.  Beck Center for the Arts is a not-for-profit 501(c)3 organization that offers professional theater productions on two stages, arts education programming in dance, music, theater, visual arts, early childhood, and creative arts therapies for special needs students, and gallery exhibits featuring local and regional artists. For more information about the Beck Center, visit our website at www.beckcenter.org<http://www.beckcenter.org>.