[NEohioPAL] 4 One hour swing dance workshops offered in Akron area this Saturday!

Valerie Salstrom info at gethepswing.com
Thu Jan 5 20:27:57 PST 2012

Saturday, January 7, 2012
2:30pm until 5:00pm

Valerie, a champion Swing dancer, specializing in the styles of the 1920's-1950's, and we're excited to have her and her friends teaching for us!  Her friends and teaching partners for these workshops will be Troy Kozee, Deb Halinksi and Corey Flowers.  They promise to make these workshops informative and FUN!

The first class is from 2:30-3:30 and you can choose from;

Intro to Swing/Jitterbug: EVERYONE is welcome to join us as we explore the easiest form of partnered dancing—Jitterbug! We will dance to all kinds of music from big band to blues to early rock and roll and you will learn several basic foot work patterns, how to connect with a partner and lead and follow a variety of moves in open and closed position.

OR

Intro to Balboa: Balboa and Bal-Swing are dances that originated in the crowded ballrooms of Southern California and were most popular in the mid 1930s. The Balboa is most loved for its fancy foot work, finesse, subtleties, and ability to be done quite easily at faster tempos. If you are interested in developing and refining your lead and follow skills Balboa is just the dance for you!

The second class is from 4:00-5:00 and you can choose from;
Easy Intermediate Jitterbug: If you can do the triple step basic and turn or be turned while holding a simple conversation; then congratulations, you have just been promoted to Intermediate Jitterbug! In this class we will work on some fancier variations on moves you already know and learn some super fun 100% new moves too. We’ll also sharpen up your leading and following skills

OR

Intro to Lindy: Lindy Hop is the original form of swing dancing that originated in the ballrooms of Harlem, NY in the late 1920s/early 1930s. The Lindy Hop is a bit more challenging to learn, but oh so worth it! When you begin to master the swing out, circle, inside turn and more you will have a sense of overwhelming euphoria and true connection to the music!

Call or stop by Anita Converse Dance Studio to register soon-- we expect these classes to fill up!

$15 for one class, $25 for both.

330-867-4444 or 330-608-4444.

Anita Converse Dance Studio
2872 W. Market St. studio A, Fairlawn, OH

Valerie Salstrom
Owner of Get Hep Swing, Ltd.
216-374-1927
info at GetHepSwing.com