[NEohioPAL] Auditions for the North Coast Men's Chorus - Sunday at 6:00

Bryan Fetty bryan at richcole.net
Fri Jan 13 06:32:49 PST 2012

Auditions for the
North Coast Men's Chorus Concert
Cleveland Rocks!

Sunday, January 15
6:00 -  7:00
Trinity Episcopal Cathedral
2230 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44115

You sing along with these songs when you hear them in your car or shower. Sure, you might get some of the lyrics wrong, but hey, that's Rock and Roll! What could be more appropriate for Cleveland - the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame - than a concert devoted to the best of Rock? NCMC will explore the roots of rock and roll; the classics that have endured time. You know - ? the songs that get you out of your chair and dancing at Cousin Vince?s wedding reception.

Cleveland Rocks!
March 24 & 25
Waetjen Auditorium

SO WHAT DO YOU NEED TO PREPARE FOR YOUR AUDITION?

Nothing really. You'll meet with Rich Cole, Artistic Director, and he will have you sing some scales, match some pitches and determine what section of the chorus your voice is best suited for. It is a pretty painless process and you'll be on your way to performing on-stage with the Chorus!

WHEN DOES NCMC REHEARSE?

The North Coast Men's Chorus holds regular rehearsals every Sunday evening from 7:00pm-9:30pm. Singers are expected to arrive by 6:45pm to greet their friends and settle in so rehearsal can begin on time. Rehearsals are held at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 2230 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44115. Trinity is located between Prospect and Euclid at E. 22nd St. (parking entrance is off of Prospect), right across from CSU. Directions can be found here http://www.trinitycleveland.org/directions/index.html.

ARE THERE OTHER REHEARSAL COMMITMENTS?

The Chorus also holds a "mini-retreat" on a Saturday during each concert preparation period. These are scheduled months in advance, and the dates can always be found on the Members' website calendar. Production Week rehearsals are also required, and attendance is expected at dress rehearsals and tech rehearsals. Additional rehearsals are required of the dancers, but they all say that extra time is more fun than work!

WHAT IS THE ATTENDANCE POLICY?

Attendance is expected at all rehearsals. When absences are necessary, it is expected members will contact their Section Leader (in advance where possible) to report their absence. When attendance becomes excessive, the Artistic Director may require members to demonstrate proficiency in the performance repertoire before a concert. Excessive tardiness is disruptive and disrespectful to the director and other members; please be on-time.

WHAT DOES IT COST?

Membership dues are an important part of the Chorus budget. Dues are currently $50 per concert, or just $125 if you pay dues for the whole season by November 1. Members are responsible for acquiring their own basic black tuxedo, shirt, cummerbund and bow tie. Occasionally there might be an additional fee for a shirt or accessory rental.

While we rely on membership dues to help pay our bills, we do not want to exclude talented, dedicated singers because of inability to pay dues. Please communicate with our Treasurer or Business Manager if finances are an issue. No one will be turned away because of inability to pay.

DO I HAVE TO READ MUSIC OR HAVE PERFORMING EXPERIENCE?

No! About half of our singers are experienced musicians. Our director believes in an educational, supportive approach to music learning. We provide rehearsal CDs and sectional opportunities to help learn music, too.

So you think you are interested and you're asking yourself...How can I get more information?

Call the NCMC hotline at 216-556-0590 or e-mail us at membership at ncmchorus.org[1]

Links:
------
[1] javascript:popup_imp('/horde/imp/compose.php',700,650,'to=membership at ncmchorus.org');