[NEohioPAL] Big Box Features Mamai Theatre Company and Heads Up Productions

Rebecca Hill rhill at cptonline.org
Wed Jan 18 13:47:47 PST 2012

Cleveland Public Theatre's world premiere workshop series, Big Box, moves into its 3rd week with a double bill featuring two fresh theatre companies.

1,000 Hills
Written by India Burton
Directed by Benjamin Rexroad
Produced by Heads Up Productions
Heads Up Productions, a new, movement based ensemble in Akron, began developing 1,000 Hills in 2010. The piece follows the struggle of three tourists who find themselves in Rwanda just as genocidal violence breaks out. As tension mounts, the tourists have their emotions and morals put to the test.

To the Sea... An Original Work Inspired by Decroux, Lecoq, and Synge

Directed by Bernadette Clemens
Produced by Mamai Theatre Company
Featuring Wendy Kriss, Christine McBurney and Derdriu Ring*
*Actor appears courtesy of Actors' Equity Association

Three actors, three inspirations, one journey. Newly founded Mamai Theatre Company created To the Sea..., a devised theatre piece, to offer an exciting artistic exchange between the musicality and imagery in John M. Synge's lyrical Riders to the Sea, the goals of Etienne Decroux techniques and the immediacy and spontaneity of Jacques Lecoq. The blend of these two traditions in physical theatre will maximize the rhythm and articulation of Synge's text within a heightened style.

Playing this weekend January 19 - 21!
Tickets are $10 - $15

Take advantage of $10 Thursdays or our Free Beer Fridays where we invite you to stay after the show, mingle with the cast and enjoy a drink on us!

For more information on Big Box or our other shows visit www.cptonline.org<http://www.cptonline.org>

We look forward to seeing you at the theatre!

Rebecca Hill
Marketing Coordinator
Cleveland Public Theatre
(216) 631 - 2727 ext 212