[NEohioPAL] Heads Up Arts Radio: Big Box, Week 4: "The Negro Perkins" and "The Art of Social Graces"

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Sun Jan 22 09:20:26 PST 2012

> Heads Up Arts Radio: The Negro Perkins and The Art of Social Graces

> The newest episode of Heads Up Arts Radio is up!
>
> HUAR is a weekly internet radio show, highlighting guests from the
> arts community of Northeast Ohio.
Episode 39: Big Box, Week 4: “The Negro Perkins” and “The Art of
Social Graces”

Host Benjamin Rexroad interviews Lisa Louise Langford and Jennifer
Sandoval, guest artists in Cleveland Public Theatre’s Big Box Series.

The Negro Perkins
Set in a “pest house” in 1898 in a fictional town in Georgia
What happens when you’re sitting somewhere where every corner is just
potential gloom and doom?
The thrill of being a playwright
Lisa’s (thieving) approach to directing
Home rehearsals
InCogNegro– Lisa’s first Big Box show
“You must remember the chewed Doritos.”
A Swingers Club: Inspiration for a new play
Smallbox!  Swinging!  Negros! We’ve got it all!
Finding Actors… the challenges of self-producing
Come see the Negro Perkins!  How bad can it be?
A free MFA in playwrighting
The importance of African Americans in Lisa’s work
The Art of Social Graces
This dance piece explores modern society’s dependence on technology,
etiquette and face-to-face interactions.
Does where society is heading scare you?
A company offers “internet lockout” as a service
Text message dilemmas
 From concept to rehearsal
Making contact with strangers
The importance of a handwritten letter
Society’s always in a rush
The Marquez Dance Project and collaboration
Which came first?  The movement or the music?
Compassion still exists…somewhere
Live performance is about human interaction
Raising awareness through art…
www.marquezdanceproject.com
The Negro Perkins and The Art of Social Graces
January 26-28, 2012 @ 7 pm
Big Box Series

Cleveland Public Theatre
James Levin Stage