[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Shakespeare Festival: Open Mic Shakespeare Feb. 6 and Benefit Event Feb. 12

Brian Pedaci bpedaci at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 08:45:10 PST 2012

Through popular vote on our Facebook page, we have selected RICHARD II as
the next play to be read at Open Mic Shakespeare on February 6th at 7pm, at
Market Avenue Wine Bar in Ohio City.

Open Mic Shakespeare is our ongoing series of free, open readings of
Shakespeare plays on the first Monday of each month.  Roles rotate
throughout the evening and anyone who wishes to participate may do so.

RICHARD II is the story of a gifted orator but ineffectual leader who sets
the country on the course towards bankruptcy through overtaxation and
multiple wars.  His over-reaching sets the stage for a populist revolt.
 This oft-overlooked history/tragedy is the only one of Shakespeare's plays
written entirely in verse and contains some of the most exquisitely
beautiful imagerly in the entire canon.

A limited number of copies are available, but if you have a copy please
bring it.

Also upcoming for CSF is our benefit event, SHAKESPEARE IN (AND OUT OF)
LOVE on February 12th at 7pm.  We'll be at the Speakeasy (the lower level
of the Bier Markt on W. 25th St.), and the evening will feature:
 * Scenes, monologues and sonnets highlighting the virtues, pain, delight
and downright silliness of being in love, performed by past CSF company
members and friends Al Branstein, Brian McNally, Brian Pedaci, Carrie
Willams, Doug Kusak, Katie Atkinson, Kristy Lee Miller and Layla Schwartz.
 * Musical Selections from chanteuse Amiee Collier
 * The comedic stylings of The Dueling Fools and The Mike and Al Show
 * Light appetizers and desserts

Reservations are being accepted via our website (www.cleveshakes.org).
 Tickets are $25/person or $40/couple in advance or $30/person and
$50/couple at the door.  If you cannot attend, but still wish to support
CSF in their 15th Anniversary Season, you may also make a tax-deductible
donation via our website.