[NEohioPAL] GET A BOGO FOR THE FINAL WEEKEND OF "LOWER NINTH" at ENSEMBLE THEATRE!!!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Thu Feb 16 10:28:06 PST 2012

*

Ensemble Theatre presents

a special ticket deal for you! Mention NEOhioPAL and Buy One Get One Free,
this weekend!

"If you like 'Waiting for Godot' you will love Lower Ninth!"

-The Midnight Writer
*
*
*
*
*
*“Lower Ninth” features top-notch acting and universal themes of*
*
*
* regret and connectedness that will resonate with people from all walks *
*
*
*of life." *
*
*
*-Marjorie Preston, Sun Press*

*
*

*"Lower Ninth" *finds two men and a corpse stranded on a roof in New
Orleans after Hurricane Katrina. E-Z is a rebellious young man. Malcolm is
a reformed addict who has found strength through religion. Sharing the roof
with them is the corpse of Lowboy.  Over the course of two stultifying days
in the sun, Malcolm and E-Z must battle heat, hunger, their pasts and each
other.

*
*

*“Lower Ninth”* is an exploration of faith, survival and mutual redemption.
  Willimon’s work is sharp and cutting. Its wild air of apocalypse is
replete with Old Testament prophets and the raising of the dead.

The production is directed by Ensemble’s artistic director Celeste
Cosentino.  Now in her second year as artistic director, Celeste chose the
Willimon work because of its immediacy in our memory, the recent tragedy of
a city destroyed in a biblical deluge, and the devastation of human lives
it leaves in its wake. The cast of the Ensemble Production includes William
Clarence Marshall*, Joseph Primes, and J’Vaughn T. Briscoe (*Member of
Actor’s Equity Association). *“Lower Ninth” *is being performed in
Ensemble’s new home in the former Coventry School, 2843 Washington Blvd. in
Coventry Village.

* *

“Who knew the submerged houses of New Orleans would be so artistically
inspiring?  Few modern plays are so completely theatrical. Even in the
silence, the show feels alive…..it gives power to a desperate kind of hope.
By the moving conclusion, which can be read as either joyous or futile, we
are offered another way to think about the darkness.”**

* - VARIETY*

* *

*“Lower Ninth”* *final 4 performances  8pm on Thursday Feb 16,* *Friday
February 17th, Saturday February 18th and 2pm on Sunday, February 19**th**.*

*Just Mention NEOHIOPAL, Buy One Ticket Get a Second Ticket Free! *Single
tickets are $20 for Adults, $18 for Seniors and $10 for Students.

RUSH STUDENT TICKETS are $5.  These tickets are available 15 minutes prior
to curtain depending on availablitily.

*
*

*Free parking* is available in the Washington Blvd. lot adjacent to the
Coventry School building.  Directions to our location can be found on our
website. Come to Ensemble shows and walk to the shops and restaurants of
Coventry Village!

*Again, please be advised, “Lower Ninth” contains strong adult language and
may not be suitable for younger audiences.  *

*
*

*To purchase tickets in advance please visit our web-site
www.ensemble-theatre.org or call 216-321-2930.  Email us at
info at ensemble-theatre.org. *

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!*

--
*PLAY YOUR PART *
*Ensemble Theatre's 2011-2012 Season!*
*NEW SPACE at the Coventry School!*
*2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 44118*
*
*
*WAITING FOR LEFTY*
*by: Clifford Odets*
*Directed by: Ian Hinz*
*Oct. 7-Oct. 30*
*
*
*ST. NICHOLAS*
*by: Conor McPherson*
*Directed by: Sarah May*
*Starring: Dana Hart * *
*Nov. 18-Dec. 11*
*
*
***PANORAMA of AFRICAN AMERICAN THEATRE IV:*
*If not me, who?...If not now, when?  *
*Jan. 12-Feb. 19*
*SONG FOR CORETTA*
*by: Pearl Cleage*
*Directed by: Margaret Ford-Taylor*
*January 12-January 29.  Thurs-Sundays.*
*LOWER NINTH*
*by: Beau Willimon*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*February 2-February 19.  Thurs-Sundays.*
*
*
*THE COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESITVAL!*
*3 Plays by 3 Cleveland Playrights!*
*Alternating perfomances!  *
*March 8-April 1.*
*DANCING WITH N.E.D.*
*Written and Directed by: Tyler Whidden*
*DESTROYING THE LIGHT*
*By: Sasha Thackaberry   *
*Directed by: Peter Voinovich*
*GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL*
*by: Cindy Dettlebach*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*(Visit Website for Specific Show Dates.)*
*
*
*GRUESOME PLAYGROUND INJURIES*
*by: Rajiv Joseph*
*Directed: by Fred Sternfeld*
*April 27-May 20.*
*
*
*TICKETS, SUBSCRIPTIONS, & **INFORMATION *
*VISIT OUR WEBSITE:*
*www.ensemble-theatre.org*
*EMAIL: *
*info at ensemble-theatre.org*