[NEohioPAL] Heads Up Arts Radio: Commedia dell'Akron

Heads Up Productions info at headsupproductions.net
Sun Feb 19 13:18:13 PST 2012

>>> Heads Up Arts Radio: Commedia dell'Akron
>>>
>>> The newest episode of Heads Up Arts Radio is up!
>>>
>>> HUAR is a weekly internet radio show, highlighting guests from the
>>> arts community of Northeast Ohio.
Episode 43: Commedia dell’Akron

Host Benjamin Rexroad interviews Wendy Duke, (Drama teacher at Miller
South), who’s Commedia Troupe has teamed up with New World Performance
Laboratory to host an afternoon of Commedia workshops on Saturday
February 25th from 2 – 5pm at the Balch Street Theatre.

Commedia dell’Arte – a family form of theatre
Commedia is improvised, slap-stick comedy and yes, the word “comedy”
is in fact related
“Lotsa Lazzi!”
I’d like to take Commedia for $200, Alex
If you were lucky you could sit at Leonard Pitt’s feet
Theatre of Sorts – Wendy’s theatre company
Commitment + Collaboration = You’re In!
“Actors have to stay in shape.”
There’s a Zanni in my tub!
Please put the paddle down and stop spanking your classmate
“Find the body that fits the mask.”
Ophelia the cat also wants to be interviewed on HUAR
Faction of Fools presents Hamlecchino: Clown Prince of Denmark
What plays well in Italy may not play well in France, unless you’re
playing for Moliere
The Day of Commedia – Saturday February 25th
Commedia dell’Akron (Free fun for the whole family)
Commedia dell’Akron
February 25, 2012 from 2-5pm
Balch Street Theatre
(330) 867-3299
nwplab at gmail.com
220 South Balch Street • Akron, OH, 44302