[NEohioPAL] DANCECleveland Hiring Audience Development and Marketing Director

Mindy Childress Herman mindy at dancecleveland.org
Tue Feb 21 09:10:18 PST 2012

*DANCECleveland Announces Search for Audience Development and Marketing
Director*

Reports to Executive Director
Hire date: Immediate

Qualified applicants only should submit a cover letter explaining why this
position would fit their particular skills, a current resume and salary
requirements to dex at dancecleveland.org. No phone calls, please.

experienced individual to shape and implement our marketing and audience
development activities. The Audience Development and Marketing Director is
a significant member of the DANCECleveland team and plays a critical role
in bringing forward the organization's new strategic plan.

The Audience Development and Marketing Director will be responsible for all
aspects of DANCECleveland's marketing, communication and public relations
efforts for our organization and the 5-7 companies we present each season.
This position will also lead our effort to build new audiences for our
performances.

Duties include, but are not limited to:

*Marketing:* Create and execute marketing and publicity plans for all
season activities which primarily focus on 5-7 performances each season.
This will include: work with and manage public relations and graphic design
activities with outside contractors; negotiate and purchase media; write,
produce and direct broadcast and interactive campaigns; write, edit and
manage all printed materials and online communications, including direct
mail, e-blasts and social networking and manage the organization's website.

*Audience Development:* Lead our focused efforts to build audiences for
performances, including working with community groups, leading group sales
efforts and developing and implementing creative outreach efforts.

This position is deadline driven so the ebb and flow of work will vary
throughout the year with the heaviest work load in the weeks leading up to
performances (5-7 times per year) and prior to the launch of our season
(April).

*Qualifications:* The desired candidate will be a creative,
results-oriented individual who is highly organized and works well with
people. Communication skills are especially important, as is the ability to
proficiently use technology resources. The successful candidate will
embrace the creative nature of this position and organization while
juggling multiple projects and deadlines and must be able to quickly
reprioritize to pursue new marketing opportunities.

Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of five years of experience in arts
marketing or a related field is required. Only qualified candidates will be
considered. This is a salaried position and does not include medical
benefits.

DANCECleveland has a 56-year history of making modern dance an integral
part of our community's varied cultural offerings. As the only organization
in Greater Cleveland whose sole mission is to present the best national and
international dance companies, our concert series contributes to the
cultural landscape as well as build audiences for dance. For more
information, visit www.dancecleveland.org.

-Mindy

--
Mindy Childress Herman
Marketing Director
mindy at dancecleveland.org

Don't miss upcoming performances from Ballet Memphis and Alvin Ailey
American Dance Theater. Visit www.dancecleveland.org for tickets and more
information!