[NEohioPAL] David Hibbard, turned Broadway Star is Coming to the Players Guild Theatre March 14th and 15th

Carrie Spina playersguild.outreach at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 08:49:40 PST 2012

Canton native David Hibbard, turned Broadway star returns home to share the secrets of how to book that job, with three unique workshops.
Nail your audition!
 Wednesday March 14Th 5-7pm
Youth Audition Intensive:

Learn the Art of Auditioning. This class will help you deliver your audition material like a pro and stand out from the crowd. From walking in the room, addressing the accompanist and choosing the right song; I will show you how to eliminate nerves once and for all, taking your audition and performance skills to the next level. This class includes coaching your own material and methods for highlighting your strengths as a performer.
Ages 9-17
2 hr class accommodates 6 working students

$130 fee per working student
$20 per auditor (not participating but want to watch and learn)

The Art of Auditioning
Let me show you how Broadway performers get the job!
March 14Th 7:30 – 9:30

Not only have I had the good fortune to land on Broadway in five shows, but I’ve also had the privilege to teach a number of talented rising young stars. Many of them have landed on Broadway using the techniques I teach.

In this workshop we will cover making a great first impression, how to address accompanists, and how to choose the right song. This workshop will help you deliver your audition material with technical expertise and clarity. I will also show you how to eliminate nerves once and for all, preparing you to be at your best every time.

Notes:
With my guidance, students will prepare 2 contrasting musical theatre songs ahead of time and be asked to type and turn in lyrics. Together we will choose which of the songs to work on.

Ages 18+
2 hr class accommodates 6 working students
$130 fee per working student
$20 per auditor (not participating and want to watch and learn)

The Art of Song
 Thursday March 15Th 6-9pm
Adult Song Performance

Come work on the Art of Song Performance. In this workshop I will help you apply simple acting techniques to your musical theater songs. I will give you the secrets to choosing the right song. We will explore what your lyrics mean and how to communicate with your audience. With this deeper connection to your song you will have more confidence on stage and in auditions. I will also give you guidelines for staying true to both the journey of the song and your journey as an actor.
Notes: This is not a performance, this is a class. Our goal will be to find the true authentic self in the song. With my guidance, students will prepare material ahead of time and be asked to type and turn in lyrics.

2 hr class accommodates 6 working students
$130 fee per working student
$20 per auditor

Carrie Alexander Spina
Director of Education