[NEohioPAL] Colombi New Plays Festival Update!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Sat Mar 10 06:15:59 PST 2012

*(T) 216-321-2930*
*CONTACT: info at ensemble-theatre.org*

ENSEMBLE THEATRE PRESENTS
*THE COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL.*
*
*PRESENTED DURING THE RUN THERE WILL BE A SERIES OF STAGED READINGS!*
**(DATE AND SHOW INFORMATION BELOW)**
*
*
*Ensemble Theatre inaugurates "The Colombi New Plays Festival"*
*Three world premiere plays by CLEVELAND PLAYWRIGHTS!  *

Dedicated to the memory of Christopher, Lucia, and Licia Colombi, all of
whom were integral parts of the Cleveland theatre community, the festival
gives local playwrights an opportunity to stage their works for a Cleveland
audience!
(Out-of-towners are encouraged to visit Cleveland!!)

The Festival will open Thursday March 8th.
Three plays will run *in repertory* through Sunday April 1st, 2012.
Performances are Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays @ 8pm and Sundays @ 2pm.
All three plays will be performed on Sunday April 1st.

*The Festival opens Thursday March 8th, 2012 at 8pm with:*
*DANCING WITH N.E.D. *
*Written and Directed by Tyler Whidden.*
*Starring: James Rankin and Valarie Young.**
*

> **

*-Claire has big plans for her 55th birthday,  if only Peter would stop
being such a party pooper.-*
*Performances:*
*March 8th(Thur.), 17th(Sat.), 23rd(Fri.), & 29th(Thur.)  @ 8pm.*
*March 11th(Sun.) @2pm.  April 1st(Sun.)  @7pm*
*
*
*Opening Friday March 9th, 2012 at 8pm: *
*DESTROYING THE LIGHT*
*by: Sasha Thackaberry.*
*Directed by: Peter Voinovich.*
*Starring:  Rebecca Frick, Daniel McElhaney, Anne McEvoy, Bob McCoy,*
*Layla Schwartz, Cassandra Zack, & Katie Atkinson.  *
-*A modern reinvention of the myth of Persephone, **this dark tale explores
Kora's deeply personal fall to hell, **and her journey back from the brink.-
*
*Performances:*
*March 9th(Fri.), March 15th(Thur.), March 24th(Sat.) & March 30th(Fri.)
 @8pm.*
*March 18th(Sun.) @2pm.  April 1st(Sun.) @4pm.*
*
*
*Opening Saturday March 10th, 2012 at 8pm*
*GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL*
*by: Cindy Dettelbach*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*Starring: Layla Schwartz, Katie Atkinson, Aaron Elersich, *
*Miranda Coble, and Grace Wilkinson.*
*-It's the early 1960's, an idyllic time to be a co-ed on the campus of a
prestigious east coast college. For room-mates Sally and Nan, ambition,
creativity, and a professorial tryst signal the end of innocence.-*
*Performances: *
*March 10th(Sat.), March 16th(Fri.), March 22nd(Thur.), March 31st(Sat.)
 @8pm.*
*March 25th & April 1st (Sun.) @2pm.*
*(SATURDAY MARCH 10th is SOLD OUT!)*

*Tickets Prices:*
*$15 (General Admission Adults/Seniors)*
*$10 (Students with Valid ID).*
*All Seating is General Admission.  *

*A THREE SHOW PASS is $30!  *
*Buy tickets to all three productions and save!*

To purchase tickets in advance please visit our web-site:
www.ensemble-theatre.org.
You can also call: 216-321-2930.
Email : info at ensemble-theatre.org.
*
*
**During the weekdays between the festival performances Ensemble will be
hosting a series of Staged Readings.  These are scripts that are currently
part of our "Stage Wrights" workshop which meets every Wednesday night from
7-9pm.  *
*These readings are FREE to the public.  *
*Although donations are always appreciated! :) *
*Staged Readings will take place at Ensemble.  *
*
*
*The schedule is as follows:*
*Tuesday, March 13th @7pm.*
-"*Untitled Play"*- by Alan Federman.
*Wednesday, March 14th @ 7pm. *
-"*The Cardboard Venus"*- by Johnathan Wilhelm.
*Tuesday, March 20th @7pm.*
 -*"Baby Simone and the Long Voyage across the Sea"*- by: Katie Atkinson.
*Wednesday, March 21st @7pm.*
-"*Chaos Theory"*- by Cat Kenney.
*Tuesday, March 27th @7pm*
-"*Edge Walking*"- by Barbara Harkness.
*Wednesday, March 28th @7pm *
-"*Cocopelli: A Fairy Tale for Adults*"- by Stuart Hoffman.

*-"A Sailor's Life"- by Lissy Gulick originally scheduled for Wednesday
March 14th has been canceled.  *

THIS IS A MONTH PACKED FULL WITH CLEVELAND TALENT!
*ALL FESTIVAL PERFORMANCES AND STAGED READINGS ARE AT ENSEMBLE! *
*2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH  44118.  Visit our website for
directions, or call!*

COME OUT and SUPPORT ENSEMBLE, LOCAL PLAYWRIGHTS, AND HELP US TO
 INAUGURATE *THE COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL*!  CELEBRATE!

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!*
--
*PLAY YOUR PART *
*Ensemble Theatre's 2011-2012 Season!*
*2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 44118*
*
*
*WAITING FOR LEFTY*
*by: Clifford Odets*
*Directed by: Ian Hinz*
*Oct. 7-Oct. 30*
*
*
*ST. NICHOLAS*
*by: Conor McPherson*
*Directed by: Sarah May*
*Starring: Dana Hart * *
*Nov. 18-Dec. 11*
*
*
***PANORAMA of AFRICAN AMERICAN THEATRE IV:*
*If not me, who?...If not now, when?  *
*Jan. 12-Feb. 19*
*SONG FOR CORETTA*
*by: Pearl Cleage*
*Directed by: Margaret Ford-Taylor*
*January 12-January 29.  Thurs-Sundays.*
*LOWER NINTH*
*by: Beau Willimon*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*February 2-February 19.  Thurs-Sundays.*
*
*
*THE COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESITVAL!*
*3 Plays by 3 Cleveland Playrights!*
*Alternating perfomances!  *
*March 8-April 1.*
*DANCING WITH N.E.D.*
*Written and Directed by: Tyler Whidden*
*DESTROYING THE LIGHT*
*By: Sasha Thackaberry   *
*Directed by: Peter Voinovich*
*GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL*
*by: Cindy Dettlebach*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*(Visit Website for Specific Show Dates.)*
*
*
*GRUESOME PLAYGROUND INJURIES*
*by: Rajiv Joseph*
*Directed: by Fred Sternfeld*
*April 27-May 20.*
*
*
*TICKETS, SUBSCRIPTIONS, & **INFORMATION *
*VISIT OUR WEBSITE:*
*www.ensemble-theatre.org*
*EMAIL: *
*info at ensemble-theatre.org*