[NEohioPAL] Total Rudeness At An Audition

EVA WITHERS-EVANS eweworld1 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 10:33:26 PDT 2012

I very seldom complain to this list, but I feel that I have to address this concern.
Last night, my granddaughter (an African American) went to an audition at the Mayfield
library.  When she got there, everyone looked at her as if she were an alien.  When
she said she was there for the audition, instead of being told they were auditioning only
Caucasion girls, she was told to fill out an audition sheet and have a seat.  When it was
asked who in the group was 20 or over, she said she was. Another girl (caucasion) said
she was twenty, she was asked to come into the auditioning room; my granddaughter was
ignored.  She was totally ignored until she finally got up and left.  I am not just upset because she
is my granddaughter, I am upset because this behavior is unacceptable in the theater.
Common courtesy would have been to tell her what the situation was and there would have
been no hurt feelings.  It's never right to make someone feel unwanted, especially
in the theater; I would hope that this is not the norm for Cleveland theater.

MATTERS OF THE HEART SHOULD ALWAYS BE ABOUT LOVE.