[NEohioPAL] (unwraps a butterscotch candy/sings along.)

Mike Herzog wannabkop at aol.com
Sat Mar 17 08:16:54 PDT 2012

> Rejection is an essential of the craft. Be it right or wrong reasons at any given moment, it is necessary. Enough experience refining your discipline/craft and you'll one day get rejected for a vampire role and be told its because you were too scary. Unless your told why you did or did not get the role by the decision maker(s) directly, you'll never know for sure. If feedback is received at an audition, theres more to it than simply the critique and/or kudos given. Take the notes, be thankful and adjust to the direction given.
>
> Theater is life at risk. Extraordinary events in a heightened state of being. Audition for the counter intuitive.  Be the risk.  Live the lesson.

  Having a scheduled appointment is more akin to a goal. I have come to learn this the hard way. The lesson: a scheduled appointment (1:00) which I professionally arrive about 15 min early for (12:45), but never more than 24 min early (12:36), is delayed by single 15/20 min increments. The lady at the check in announced this politely 6 or so times. Each beginning with an apology that was more sincere than the previous. approximately an hour and a half (2:30) of a delay. Finally I got called in, I was told to sit down and answer a few questions. 50 minutes later i was sent on my way being told I had a cold and should quit smoking. This occurs often! If you replace cold, ignore the cigarettes and count others experiences besides mine than there's a ton who've been there too. Being able to Tell time is just an expected skill of Doctors. They get paid the big bucks for things like that. Lol! Every schedule is one coffee spill away from disaster. The more you rely on one, the harder your life is without it. You're trying to get a job. They decide. Wait for them. Plan for it to be behind. Bring a Magazine, visualize, play draw something, get into character or sit and look positive. Worse case.....Check in again and explain politely your situation and ask about theirs. If you stick around after and appear pleasant, you have been proactive and patient. If you must leave, excuse yourself and quietly do so.

It happens all over all the time. Schedules are shot, details lost, etc. i wouldnt expect a bunch of creative eccentrics hell bent on a mission to bring a vision to life to focus on 15 min increments being adhered to.

> Trust is earned through respect. When a core group of individuals share that respect for each other , they trust they can achieve the same goals. Theaters with a large talent pool from which to draw, will gravitate towards those individuals with similar visions. They have varied vantage points, portray their perspectives to one another and is trusted as a "perceived fact." They build through collaboration to create the vision shared.  Understanding of the goal and trust in one another are not optional. If they do not exist the product will not reach its full potential. Then falling short, all involved are cheated and lose trust in themselves. Knowing an individual will bring the details of a vision and exceed the expectations of a given role should secure that talent recurring roles again in the future. Show added value to the core and you too may find yourself being part of the shared vision.
>
> ZAZ
> Depp/Burton
> Mel Brooks
> All have core actors/techs you come to expect. Each with consistent high quality products.
>
> People get paid to do this? Sign me up!

> Not funny. Stop teasing…
>

> Michael Herzog

"Sent from my iPhone so there's probably a grammar and/or spelling error.  :-/"  ~Mike Herzog