[NEohioPAL] Final Weekend for New Plays Festival and Staged Readings!

Ensemble Theatre info at ensemble-theatre.org
Tue Mar 27 06:47:18 PDT 2012

ENSEMBLE THEATRE PRESENTS
*THE COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL.  FINAL WEEKEND!*
*
*
*PRESENTED DURING THE RUN THERE WILL BE A SERIES OF STAGED READINGS!*
**(DATE AND SHOW INFORMATION BELOW)**
*
*
*Ensemble Theatre inaugurates "The Colombi New Plays Festival"*
*Three world premiere plays by CLEVELAND PLAYWRIGHTS!  *

Dedicated to the memory of Christopher, Lucia, and Licia Colombi, all of
whom were integral parts of the Cleveland theatre community, the festival
gives local playwrights an opportunity to stage their works for a Cleveland
audience!
(Out-of-towners are encouraged to visit Cleveland!!)
*

FINAL WEEKEND TO SEE THESE AMAZING CLEVELAND PLAYWRIGHTS! *
*
*
*DANCING WITH N.E.D. *
*Written and Directed by Tyler Whidden.*
*Starring: James Rankin and Valarie Young.**
*

> **

*-Claire has big plans for her 55th birthday,  if only Peter would stop
being such a party pooper.-*
*Final Performances: *
March & 29th*(Thur.)  *@ 8pm
*April 1st(Sun.)  @7pm*
*
*
*DESTROYING THE LIGHT*
*by: Sasha Thackaberry.*
*Directed by: Peter Voinovich.*
*Starring:  Rebecca Frick, Daniel McElhaney, Anne McEvoy, Bob McCoy,*
*Layla Schwartz, Cassandra Zack, & Katie Atkinson.  *
-*A modern reinvention of the myth of Persephone, **this dark tale explores
Kora's deeply personal fall to hell, **and her journey back from the brink.-
*
*Final Performances:*
*March 30th(Fri.) @8pm.*
*April 1st(Sun.) @4pm.*
*
*
*GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL*
*by: Cindy Dettelbach*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*Starring: Layla Schwartz, Katie Atkinson, Aaron Elersich, *
*Miranda Coble, and Grace Wilkinson.*
*-It's the early 1960's, an idyllic time to be a co-ed on the campus of a
prestigious east coast college. For room-mates Sally and Nan, ambition,
creativity, and a professorial tryst signal the end of innocence.-*
*Final Performances: *
*March 31st(Sat.) @8pm.*
*April 1st (Sun.) @2pm.*
*Both "Grounds for Dismissal" performances will be followed by a talkback
with the Playwright and the Cast.*
*
*
*Tickets Prices:*
*$15 (General Admission Adults/Seniors)*
*$10 (Students with Valid ID).*
*All Seating is General Admission.  *

*A THREE SHOW PASS is $30!  *
*Buy tickets to all three productions and save!*

To purchase tickets in advance please visit our web-site:* **
www.ensemble-theatre.org.  Click on Box Office Link.  *
You can also call: *216-200-TIXS.  *
Email : *tickets at ensemble-theatre.org <info at ensemble-theatre.org>.*
*
*
*During the weekdays between the festival performances Ensemble we have be
hosting a series of Staged Readings.  These are scripts that are currently
part of our "Stage Wrights" workshop which meets every Wednesday night from
7-9pm.  *
*These readings are FREE to the public.  *
*Staged Readings will take place at Ensemble.  *
*
*
*Tuesday, March 27th @7pm *
*-"Edge Walking"- by Barbara Harkness. *
With a talented Cast including:
Martin Cosentino, Steve Vasse-Hansell, Ian Hinz, Lissy Gulick, Layla
Schwartz, Eliane Siegel,  Agnes Herrmann*, Paul Slimak* (*Members of
Actors' Equity Association)
*
*
*Wednesday, March 28th @7pm *
*-"Cocopelli: A Fairy Tale for Adults"- by Stuart Hoffman. *
*The Play:*
After a life of sin, Cole the Jazz-man Barbarian feels dried up. He's sick
of the music, the fans, and the attention. Before leaving town, he makes
half-hearted attempts to make good on wrongdoings he’s done to others,
while meeting the one woman who might actually understand. Throughout this,
Cole wonders why his shoulder hurts and cicadas suddenly find him so
interesting…
Inspired by Cocopelli folklore and the early work and life of Gustav
Flaubert, Cocopelli explores an artist at war with himself, oblivious to
all the good his art has given others.
*Featuring actors:* Brian Pedaci, Emily Pucell, Bobby Williams, Geoffrey
Hoffman, Laurel Hoffman, Margi Herwald-Zitelli, and Jonathan Wilhelm.

*BOTH PLAYREADINGS WILL BE FOLLOWED BY A TALKBACK!  Come and support and
give your feedback! *

THIS IS A MONTH PACKED FULL WITH CLEVELAND TALENT!
*ALL FESTIVAL PERFORMANCES AND STAGED READINGS ARE AT ENSEMBLE! *
*2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH  44118.  Visit our website for
directions, or call!*

COME OUT and SUPPORT ENSEMBLE, LOCAL PLAYWRIGHTS, AND HELP US TO
 INAUGURATE
*THE COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESTIVAL*!  CELEBRATE!

*We look forward to seeing you in our audience!*
*
*
*
*
*PLAY YOUR PART *
*Ensemble Theatre's 2011-2012 Season!*
*NEW SPACE at the Coventry School!*
*2843 Washington Blvd.  Cleveland Hts., OH 44118*
*
*
*WAITING FOR LEFTY*
*by: Clifford Odets*
*Directed by: Ian Hinz*
*Oct. 7-Oct. 30*
*
*
*ST. NICHOLAS*
*by: Conor McPherson*
*Directed by: Sarah May*
*Starring: Dana Hart * *
*Nov. 18-Dec. 11*
*
*
***PANORAMA of AFRICAN AMERICAN THEATRE IV:*
*If not me, who?...If not now, when?  *
*Jan. 12-Feb. 19*
*SONG FOR CORETTA*
*by: Pearl Cleage*
*Directed by: Margaret Ford-Taylor*
*January 12-January 29.  Thurs-Sundays.*
*LOWER NINTH*
*by: Beau Willimon*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*February 2-February 19.  Thurs-Sundays.*
*
*
*THE COLOMBI NEW PLAYS FESITVAL!*
*3 Plays by 3 Cleveland Playrights!*
*Alternating perfomances!  *
*March 8-April 1.*
*DANCING WITH N.E.D.*
*Written and Directed by: Tyler Whidden*
*DESTROYING THE LIGHT*
*By: Sasha Thackaberry   *
*Directed by: Peter Voinovich*
*GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL*
*by: Cindy Dettlebach*
*Directed by: Celeste Cosentino*
*(Visit Website for Specific Show Dates.)*
*
*
*GRUESOME PLAYGROUND INJURIES*
*by: Rajiv Joseph*
*Directed: by Fred Sternfeld*
*April 27-May 20.*
*
*
*TICKETS, SUBSCRIPTIONS, & **INFORMATION *
*VISIT OUR WEBSITE:*
*www.ensemble-theatre.org*
*EMAIL: *
*info at ensemble-theatre.org*