[NEohioPAL] OPEN MIC SHAKESPEARE - As You Like It - May 7 at 7pm - Market Avenue Wine Bar

Brian Pedaci bpedaci at gmail.com
Sun May 6 09:22:47 PDT 2012

On Monday evening, the Cleveland Shakespeare Festival celebrates this
glorious spring weather in Cleveland, and provides a little sneak preview
of our summer season by reading *AS YOU LIKE IT*.

Open Mic Shakespeare is our ongoing open, participatory reading series,
held on the first Monday of each month at the Market Avenue Wine Bar at
2521 Market Ave. in Ohio City.  We welcome those who would like to take
part in the reading, or those who just wish to listen and enjoy the Wine
Bar's selection of over 75 wines by the glass or 50 craft beers.  Roles are
distributed as people arrive and switched at the end of each act, so
everyone in attendance gets an opportunity to read a variety of parts.

*AS YOU LIKE IT* is a delightful pastoral romantic comedy, and contains one
of Shakespeare's most compelling heroines as well as the famous "All the
world's a stage" speech.  Rosalind, her cousin Celia, and the jester
Touchstone flee the repressive court of the usurping Duke Frederick and
find freedom, self-discovery and love in the Forest of Arden.

We will have a limited number of scripts available, so please bring your
own copy if you have one.

For more information on this series or our 2012 summer season, "like" the
Cleveland Shakespeare Festival's Facebook
page<https://www.facebook.com/CleveShakes>,
or follow us on Twitter (@CleveShakesFest) or visit our website at
www.cleveshakes.org.