[NEohioPAL] Medina Youth Theater Summer Day Camps

VICKI CALVIN CALVINV at mcsoh.org
Thu May 17 12:43:41 PDT 2012

Join us for an exciting program at the Medina Performing Arts Center

The Medina Youth Theater.

This is our second year offering a fun theater day camp for students in 1st to 8th grade. Taught by area teachers and performers, students have the chance to improve their performance ability, as well as develop problem-solving, creativity, team work, and other life skills. Students will be divided by age for some classes, and some activities will be done as a group. Each week of day camp will have a different focus. Every day students will encounter many new skills and activities. This might include acting, dance, singing, make-up, props, and other theater skills. There will be a brief performance/sharing at the end of each session.

Day Camp Sessions

Camp A: Song and Dance

June 18-22, 12 pm—5 pm

We will practice dancing, acting, and singing skills. Like the television show “Glee,” students will learn dance moves and music for a Broadway medley. Class will include rehearsals leading to the final presentation.

Camp B: Monsters, Make-Up and Mayhem

June 18-22, 12 pm—5 pm

We will learn how make-up and costumes create characters. Students will use recycled materials to build puppets and monster costumes, and write ghost stories to perform.

Camp C: Playmaking

June 25-29, 12 pm—5 pm

Using improvs and theater games, students will collaborate to write a play about their favorite places in Medina. The performance will be filmed and shared with all.

Day Camp Tuition $150 per week.

Multiple Registration Tuition Discount: If a student registers for an additional camp session, or if a family has multiple registrations (siblings),

 the first camp tuition is full price and each additional registration receives a $10 discount.  Registration Deadline: Friday, May 25.

Please contact vcalvin at mcsoh.org<mailto:vcalvin at mcsoh.org> to obtain a camp registration form.