[NEohioPAL] check those spam folders regularly

Dave Cotton deltachaz at oh.rr.com
Wed May 16 08:33:05 PDT 2012

Fred

The spam flagging may be happening without people even noticing it.

I have to keep a constant eye on my spam folders.  For some reason my computer's software will occasionally kick a single Neohiopal note in there without my knowledge.  There is no logic to it. You send out 30-40 notes a day and maybe once in a month one note will be automatically sidelined in the spam folder.

When I find a Neohiopal note in my spam folder it is a simple thing to mark it as "Not spam" and move it back into the in box.
One just has to be vigilant.

THANKS again for this service!!!
Dave

On May 16, 2012, at 10:43 AM, Fred Sternfeld wrote:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> Just a reminder to NEVER mark Neohiopal messages as spam. Historically, this has been one of the causes of certain email services (roadrunner, aol, others) setting up blocks to not allow Neohiopal mail through and it is time consuming and difficult to get those blocks removed.  Perhaps the spam button was hit by accident and you were just trying to delete, or perhaps because of the large volume of mail certain people have perceived that Neohiopal was spamming them. But this is never the cast, since all people receiving the Neohiopal mail VOLUNTARILY subscribed. If at any time a subscriber wants to unsubscribe you can do that yourself by following these instructions, or if you have difficult let me or Noah Budin know and we will help remove you from the subscriber list.
>
> For the most part (see message below from Conrad Yoder, our "mailman software" administrator) the AOL problem has been solved, but it did occur again for some AOL subscribers last week due to people marking email as spam.
>
> Let me know if you have any questions.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Fred Sternfeld

All goes onward and outward, nothing collapses,
And to die is different from what anyone supposed, and luckier.
Walt Whitman, from Song of Myself