[NEohioPAL] PAID ACTING WORK - $20 PER HOUR

CCLCM SP cclcmsp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 11:31:33 PDT 2012

What:              Standardized Patient (SP) Work for ages 18 and over

When:             Various Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, plus Special
Projects

Where:            Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic main campus

How much:      $20.00 per hour plus free parking

Individuals who are interested in joining the program:

Please read through the following information carefully, paying particular
attention to the instructions under the “if you are interested”
section.  After you reply, you will receive a follow-up email, either
asking for more information or requesting you to interview with us at one
of our Meet & Greet sessions while will be held during the last week of
August and the first week of September.

Individuals who are returning to the program:

Please email your latest headshot or picture which will be printed and
posted on the SP wall here at CCF.  Looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you for your interest in the Standardized Patient (SP) program at the
Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine.  SPs portray patients in cases
which train our student doctors in Communication Skills.  SPs also present
as themselves in Physical Diagnosis sessions.  Special Project SPs work a
more varied schedule with residents, fellows and staff doctors.  We are
located in the Lerner Research Institute on the main Cleveland Clinic
campus near University Circle in a dynamic professional and educational
environment.

* *

-        We have sessions every week during the academic year (September to
May), with some special projects during the summer months.

-        SP work is dependent upon which cases we use and whether any of
the patient profiles in those cases match up with your profile.  That is
why it is not necessary to be available *every* Tuesday or Wednesday as
this is intermittent part-time work.  (Special Project hours are varied.)

-        We will invite you to participate in a specific session.  You are
welcome to say Yes, or No (with no penalty).

*Communication Skills Simulations*

* *

Year 1:      Wednesdays from 12:45 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.

Year 2:      Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 12:30 p.m. until 3:00 p.m.

                  (You must be available for both Tuesday and Wednesday in
the prescribed week of a Year 2 simulation.)

* *

In order to participate in Communication Skills simulations, you must
memorize a character profile in order to portray a patient.  You will be
given all information that is necessary either before or at the
training.  You will not be required to wear a hospital gown or have a
physical diagnosis examination.

*Training for Communication Skills*

We have a 2-hour training session that accompanies *each* of the
Communication Skills cases.  The timing of the training session varies, but
it is most often on the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of the week before the
simulation event.  You will be paid for this training.

* *

*Physical Diagnosis Simulations*

Year 1:      Wednesdays from 12:45 p.m. until 5:00 p.m.

For this type of session, you must wear a hospital gown, but you are
welcome to wear your own sports clothing (shorts, and for women, sports bra
or tank top with skinny straps) underneath.

There is no character profile to memorize and no training for this type of
session.

*Pay*

You will be paid $20.00 per hour as an independent contractor.  You will
not be an employee of the Cleveland Clinic.

*Parking*

Parking is provided in the garage located directly across the skyway from
the College.  A parking validation ticket will be given to you at each
training and simulation in which you participate.

* *

*If you are interested, please e-mail answers to each of the following:*

* *

-               Name

-               Date of birth  (as casting covers a 10-year timeframe of
your actual age)

-               Contact information (home phone and cell phone)

          -              Availability

-               The type of simulation in which you would like to
participate - Communication Skills, Physical Diagnosis, or
        both

-               Write a few sentences about yourself, noting why you are
interested in this type of work

-               Headshot (or picture) and resume, noting any work that you
have done that may be similar to Standardized   Patient work

* *

Please feel free to e-mail with any questions that you may have.

Thank you for your interest in our program and we hope to hear from you
soon!

*Dyan Colpo*

*Standardized Patient Trainer/Manager*

*Cleveland Clinic Lerner College of Medicine*

* of Case Western Reserve University*

*SP E-Mail:  CCLCMSP at gmail.com*

*"The Simulated/Standardized Patient (SP) is a person who has been
carefully coached to simulate an actual patient so accurately that the
simulation cannot be detected by a skilled clinician.  I**n performing the
simulation, the SP presents the gestalt of the patient being simulated; not
just the history, but the body language, the physical findings, and the
emotional and personality characteristics as well."*

*HS Barrows*