[NEohioPAL] DR. ELLEN ROONEY TO TEACH MASTER CLASS ON MEMORY ACTING TECHNIQUES

Aaron Collier pettrucci4life at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 27 10:13:48 PDT 2012

 DATE:  August 27th, 2012
FROM: Darene Hope Studios

M:216-394-8068

EMBARGO:  FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

DR. ELLEN ROONEY TO TEACH MASTER CLASS ON MEMORY ACTING TECHNIQUES AT DARENE HOPE STUDIO:
(Darene Hope Studios is an multidisciplinary studio that provides production services, equipment, acting training, and film making workshops.)

Memory Acting Techniques
withDr. Ellen Rooney
Why can’t we remember lines in rehearsal when we remember them perfectly at home? Why do we always call out “line” anyway? And why are “memorizing lines” so overwhelming? Join Dr. Rooney as she gives actors a better understanding of the relationship between their creative process and their memory process. We will introduce different types of memory actors integrate into scenes and how to use them to build performances.
Class Max: 20 People

September 8, 2012
10am- 2pm
Early Registration: (until Aug 20th) $75
Registration after Aug 20th: $100

Meet Ellen Rooney, Ph.D.**PhD Theater, BGSU; MFA Dance and MA Performance Studies, Tisch School of the Arts, New York University; and BA Dance, Denison University.

**Currently, teaches with Cleveland Play House Education Program and professionally with Broadway2LA Acting Studio. Also serving on Ohio Arts Council, Project Support Panel for 2012.

**Cleveland credits include Solon Center for the Arts, Geauga Lyric Theater, Singing Angles, Berea Grindstone Players, Red Hen Theater, The Illusion Factory. She also taught University of Akron, Tri-C and Hawken Middle School.

**New York credits include Ellen Rooney Dance Theater resident dance company at The People’s Playhouse, East 4thStreet, Artistic Director for Kurdish Folk Dance Company, Brooklyn, and Human Arms Dance Company, company member. In LA, she worked at Universal Studios, Fox Studios, The Fredrick Pierce Company in association with the Disney Channel, and Magar Pictures. She also directed and choreographed an award winning adaptation of Working: The Musicalat Theatre West, Hollywood. She has acted in many local films and commercials.

Darene Hope Studios, Inc is located in the Loft Works building downtown
at 1667 East 40thStreet, Unit 1D2

Payments may be made via PayPal to Darene Hope
For more information call the Studio at 216-394-8068