[NEohioPAL] Youth Theatre Classes Begin Soon - Buckeye Community Theatre

Sue Becks airbecks at msn.com
Wed Aug 29 13:34:54 PDT 2012

Buckeye
Community Youth Theatre Presents……..

2012 Fall Youth Theatre Classes!

8 week classes begin the week of Monday,
September 17, 2012 Director:    Amanda Clements

Below is a listing of our classes that are
being offered this fall

Class
Names/Descriptions

Ages 5-7

Mondays, 5:45-6:30PM
$65.00

Act Up! An Introduction to Theatre Fun

Is your child imaginative? Do you think they've got lots of great
ideas, or overhear them making up the craziest stories while playing? This
class is for you! We'll explore the basics of theatre in this 8-week session
and use theatrical games, stories and dress-up to learn. We will try our hand
at acting, costumes, and even some memory skills. A Great introduction to the
theatre space, rules, and fun! Class will culminate with a showcase for family
and friends.

Ages 8-10

Mondays, 6:45 - 7:45PM (except for the field trip)          $95.00 (includes all materials)

Costume Design: Hands-on Drawing and Creating

Do you love to draw and create new outfits? Bring out your inner
fashion-designer or costumer! This is DEFINITELY for guys too - we'll walk
through how to draw a costume and then make designs come to life!! Costume
design doesn't just work with clothes...there's also mask-making, latex paint,
distressing, and more! This class will even include a FIELD TRIP!!! At the end,
kids will choose one costume to build, and by the end of the class we'll have a
Showcase of all your hard work. Get ready to draw, paint, get messy and make
mistakes - this will be one wild ride!

Ages 11-13

Tuesdays, 5:45- 6:45 PM
$75.00

Creative Drama for Youth

We're bringing CDFY back, by popular demand! We will focus our 8
weeks as an introduction to the basic positions in theatre, what makes a play,
and then you'll CREATE ONE. That's right - our class becomes a "mini
theatre" and you call the shots! Starting from the ground up, you'll be
able to work together with your team to create a brand-new play. It can be
about anything! Then, you'll MAKE IT HAPPEN - with some of you acting, making
props, designing costumes, and even directing the show. It will all come
together to present your show to your family and friends. Are you ready to
create? Join us!

Ages 14-18

Tuesdays, 6:45 - 8PM
$75.00

Auditioning Techniques: Tips to help you land that Role (in High
School, College, or Life)

If the thought of getting up in front of everyone and speaking
makes you cringe, this class is for you. If you love being in the limelight and
want ways to polish your audition, this class is for you! Auditioning
Techniques is intended for kids who want to work on their auditioning,
memorization and presentation skills regardless of whether you're into theatre
or just hate being nervous in front of the class! As a smaller group, we will
workshop monologues to help with memory and teach tips for relaxation, poise
and overall confidence when speaking publicly. Have a project you're working on
and need to speak in front of everyone? Bring it to class - we'll work on it.
Are you preparing to go to a college interview and want to make a great first
impression? Let's work on it! Class will culminate in a showcase of talent.

This is a GREAT
class for any kind of college audition or interview (for school OR a job) as
well as theatre auditions.

Each class will accept
20 students and registration is on a first received, first registered basis.
So, mail your registration quick! Registration ends when classes are full. For
more information email Sue Becks – airbecks at msn.com or call 330-725-7530 or go
to www.buckeyecommunitytheatre.com

Class
Location: Buckeye Elementary School, 3180 Columbia Road, Medina, Ohio 44256

Please
send the form below with a check made out to: Buckeye Community Theatre P.O.
Box 507, Valley City, Ohio  44280 ______________________________________

Student

Parent

Class