[NEohioPAL] NWPL's PLAYscape! resumes

Slowiak,James R slowiak at uakron.edu
Thu Sep 20 13:16:35 PDT 2012

NEW WORLD PERFORMANCE LABORATORY RESUMES “PLAYscape!”

AKRON’S NEW WORLD PERFORMANCE LABORATORY RESUMES ITS SUCCESSFUL SERIES OF FAMILY-ORIENTED THEATRE ADVENTURES AT THE BALCH STREET THEATRE

AKRON, OH –“PLAYscape,” a family-oriented program sponsored by NWPL at the company’s Balch Street Theatre, 220 South Balch Street, Akron 44302, takes place on September 28 at 2pm-3:30pm.   On the last Saturday of each month, the company hosts a variety of interactive theatre adventures, landscapes, and escapes.  This month Guest Artist Suzie Graham of Downtown Akron Partnership conducts a mask-making workshop in preparation for the UP Lantern Fest, Halloween, andFirst Night Akron!  A mask can conceal, a mask can reveal. Consider the masks we wear in daily life--the faces we regret and the faces we aspire to be. Create your whimsical "face" that reveals your regrets and aspirations as autumn and the new year approach. Don’t miss PLAYscape! This series of community and family-oriented adventures promises to engage kids and adults of all ages. Workshops begin at 2pm.  Along with the theatre activities, NWPL (in partnership with Readers at Risk) will distribute books (ages Birth-Adults) at PLAYscape! All ages are always welcome!  And admission is free!  Call (330) 867-3299 for more information or write: nwplab at gmail.com<mailto:nwplab at gmail.com>.  Visit New World Performance Lab and CATAC on Facebook!