[NEohioPAL] Berko: nominations for local theatre awards

Richard B. Ingraham rbingraham at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 1 20:45:15 PDT 2012

Well I was about to go write in some nominations (no, not for myself!) but
was surprised to see that the only designs listed are Scenery and Costumes.
So I guess sound, lighting and projections are rejected to second class
design status.  Or not even considered designs at all?  Typical for sound,
we are used to it.  So I'm afraid I will have to boycott and not take part
unless that is fixed.

Sorry, Roy, I know it's probably not your web site, so I hope you don't
think I'm pointing fingers at you.  It's just frustrating that this kind of
stuff still happens.  To anyone that thinks sound is not important come by a
rehearsal someday and I'll turn off all the mics for a musical and see how
enjoy the show.  Unless it was written at least 40+ years ago, I doubt
you'll enjoy it much.  Or try a show like Wings or just about any play
written by one of my favorite playwrights and friend Eric Coble sans a good
sound design..   J

Richard B. Ingraham

RBI Computers and Audio

 <http://www.rbicompaudio.20m.com> www.rbicompaudio.20m.com