[NEohioPAL] Theatre Auditions for "I Love You Because" at Kent State University at Stark

WILLIAMS, CYNTHIA cdwillia at kent.edu
Thu Nov 15 11:29:01 PST 2012

Kent State University at Stark Theatre announces open auditions for I Love You Because

Kent State University at Stark Theatre has announced open auditions for the 2012-13 season's musical production of I Love You Because, featuring music by Joshua Salzman and lyrics by Ryan Cunningham.

In this romantic musical's modern twist on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, a young, uptight greeting card writer's life is changed when he meets a flighty photographer. Along with their eccentric friends and siblings, they learn to love each other, not in spite of their faults, but because of them. For mature audiences only.

Auditions will be held on November 26 and 27, beginning at 7 p.m. in the theatre of the Fine Arts Building, 6000 Frank Avenue NW in Jackson Township. Callbacks will be held on Thursday, Nov. 29.

Auditions are open to everyone, including students and community persons. Roles are available for three male and three female performers. Those auditioning should prepare a song from I Love You Because or similar material and bring sheet music in the appropriate key. An accompanist will be provided. No a capella auditions, please. The stage director may participate with individuals who are auditioning, using sides from the show.

Audition appointments are recommended. Please schedule your appointment with the Fine Arts Building secretary by calling 330-244-5151. Librettos are available for perusal for periods up to 24 hours from the Fine Arts secretary, Monday through Friday, during business hours (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.), and in the reserve area of the Kent State Stark Library. Rehearsals will commence shortly after casting and take place until the show dates of February 15-17 and 22-24.

For more information, contact Kent State Stark Theatre Director Brian Newberg at 330-244-3352 or bnewberg at kent.edu<mailto:bnewberg at kent.edu> or Music Director Laurel Seeds at 330-244-3358 or lseeds at kent.edu<mailto:lseeds at kent.edu>. To learn more about Kent State Stark's Theatre Department, visit www.stark.kent.edu/theatre<http://www.stark.kent.edu/theatre>.