[NEohioPAL] The Numbers Band - This week on Applause on WVIZ/PBS ideastream…

Knowles, Dennis Dennis.Knowles at ideastream.org
Thu Dec 27 09:39:32 PST 2012

This week on Applause on WVIZ/PBS ideastream…
APPLAUSE AIRS THURDAYS AT 7:30 pm, SATURDAYS AT 4:00 pm AND SUNDAYS AT 12:30 pm
15 - 60 - 75 isn't some combination to a "safe," or  last night's winning lottery number!  It's the name of a local band that got its start forty years ago in Kent, Ohio. Over the years they have released a slew of critically acclaimed albums... But some fans have always struggled to remember the name!  So, 15 - 60 - 75 is also lovingly referred to as simply "the numbers band."   By any name - - fact is this group of talented musicians have produced or collaborated on a dozen different recordings.  And while they may not have sat at the top of the Billboard charts... the band's special blend of blues and jazz have a devoted following.  On this episode of Applause, we share the story of 15 - 60 - 75 ... Or, if you like, the Numbers Band.

Dennis Knowles
Producer
WVIZ/PBS & 90.3 WCPN ideastream®
Idea Center®
1375 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44115-1835
Phone(direct):  (216) 916-6252

The mission of ideastream is to strengthen our communities...

[http://www.ideastream.org/common/images/logos/trilogo_horz.png]<http://www.ideastream.org>

 Follow us on [http://www.ideastream.org/common/images/icons/facebook.png] <http://www.ideastream.org/about/social>  and [http://www.ideastream.org/common/images/icons/twitter.png] <http://www.ideastream.org/about/social>