[NEohioPAL] 2013 Season Announcement

convergence-continuum csimon at convergence-continuum.org
Thu Jan 3 08:36:30 PST 2013

CONVERGENCE-CONTINUUM ANNOUNCES ITS 2013 SEASON: RULED BY PASSION

Passion has a vast array of meanings:  a ruling emotion; overpowering
feeling or conviction; outbreak of anger;  powerful devotion to some
activity, object or concept; sexual desire; ardent affection or love. Join
us as we present six plays ruled by passion!

DESCRIPTIONS OF ALL THE SHOWS ARE NOW ON THE WEBSITE
(http://convergence-continuum.org).  CLICK ON THE “SEASON” LINK.

SERIES ONE: MAYHEM AND MADNESS.
Each play in this three-play series deals with pursuing passions to the
point of chaos, violence or pandemonium.

SORDID LIVES by Del Shores, March 22 – April 20, Directed by Clyde Simon

THRILL ME: THE LEOPOLD AND LOEB STORY, book, lyrics & music by Stephen
Dolginoff, May 17 – June 8, Directed by Clyde Simon & Anthony Ruggiero
(con-con's first ever musical!)

SELF DEFENSE, OR THE DEATH OF SOME SALESMEN by Carson Kreitzer, July 5 – 27,
Directed by Geoffrey Hoffman

(Series 1 is generously funded by the residents of Cuyahoga County through
a public grant from Cuyahoga Arts & Culture.)

SERIES TWO:  CRAZY FOR LOVE
For our second series we’ll look at aspects of passion that lead to love
and romance.

BASED ON A TOTALLY TRUE STORY by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Aug 23-Sept 14,
Directed by Cory Molner

LILIES, OR THE REVIVAL OF A ROMANTIC DRAMA by Michel Marc Bouchard
(translation by Linda Gaboriau), Oct 11 – Nov 2, Directed by Tyson Rand

FOOL FOR LOVE by Sam Shepard, Nov 29-Dec 21, Directed by Amy Bistok-Bunce

Plus a special pre-season event:  THE NEOMFA PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL, FEB 7-16

SEASON PASSES NOW AVAILABLE: $75 gen. admission, $60 senior, $50 student.
(visit website for details in the “Season” link)