[NEohioPAL] Les Mis on stage!

Kelly Miloro kellymiloro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:12:06 PST 2013

*Les Miserables*

*Skip Kelley Youth Production*

opens next week!

January 25 to February 10

All seats only $12

"The Skip Kelley Youth Theater production this year is legendary in the
theater world and a show these young people are embracing with a passion!
This passion can be heard as our actors practice singing songs from* Les
Miserables* while walking to and from their cars and as you listen to them
talk about going to see the current movie on multiple occasions" states
co-producer Civia Wiesner, she shares producing duties with Kate Wright.
"Many of them are watching every version of the show possible including the
black and white, non-musical version from 1935 with Charles Laughton. One
of the actors is even attempting to read the epic tome by Victor Hugo."

A talented group of regional youth, directed by Karen O'Baker Porter, will
bring the musical "Les Miserables, School Edition" to Chardon for the
Geauga Lyric Theater Guild's Skip Kelley Youth Production opening January
25th. Set in France during social revolutions, the story follows a man
imprisoned for stealing a loaf of bread, his adopted daughter and her
unfortunate mother, street urchins and noble university students.

Jacob Hamblen, a Chardon High School senior, plays Javert, the prison guard
and officer who crosses paths with Jean Valjean throughout the play. "I
really enjoy Javert's complex emotions and the challenge of portraying
those emotions effectively for the audience. This role has always been a
dream role for me." He continued, "I have a great cast to work with and, as
anyone in theater knows, acting becomes much easier when you have great
actors to work with.... I am very pleased to be in this production and I hope
it is as successful as possible."

Ms. Wiesner concludes, "Our audiences will, I hope, be moved by these
performances through both laughter and tears and leave the theater feeling
they have gone on a marvelous journey through a world of sacrifice,
redemption and great hope for the future."

"Les Miserables, School Edition" book by Alain Boulil, music by
Caude-Michel Schonberg, lyrics by Herbert Kretizmer and Alain Boulil, based
on the novel by Victor Hugo, is sponsored by Lake Health. The show runs
January 25th through February 10th. Friday and Saturday evening
performances are at 8 p.m.; the Sunday performances are at 2 p.m. All
tickets are $12.00. The historic Geauga Theater is located on beautiful
Chardon Square at 101 Water Street, in Chardon, Ohio. For more information
or to purchase tickets, visit
www.geaugatheater.org<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=3684767&msgid=560974&act=5ZGW&c=591704&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.geaugatheater.org%2F>or
call the box office at
440-286-2255.pos