[NEohioPAL] National Theatre broadcast of "The Magistrate" this week at Cedar Lee

Maysie929 at aol.com Maysie929 at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 13:34:24 PST 2013

Dear Theatre Friends,
I have been pushing Cleveland Cinemas to  continue presenting the amazing
series of broadcasts from The National  Theatre and The Donmar Warehouse in
London. They almost canceled the series this  year because "no one came."
Come on Clevelanders. I know we can show  up if we try!

This is partly Cleveland Cinemas' fault because they  do not know how to
market the plays. The Plain Dealer seems to be able to  provide full page
articles every time there is an opera broadcast, but theatre  gets so little
attention here.

You have one more chance to show up this  season.  Arthur Wing Pinero's
uproarious Victorian farce  The Magistrate, starring America's own (and Clevelan
d  favorite) John Lithgow will be shown at the Cedar-Lee Theatre this
Sunday,  Feb. 3 at 11:00 AM (plenty of time to get ready for football!) and
Tuesday  evening, Feb. 5, at 7:00.

Tickets are $20, there's a $2 discount with a ticket stub  from any show at
Cleveland Play House, Great Lakes Theatre, CPT, or Dobama.  I'm sure it
will be worth it!  These shows are always  stunning!   It would be nice to see
some of my beloved colleagues  there for a change!

Note: Read the New York Times article from a few Sundays back  about what
an absolutely great time Lithgow has had doing this show, and what an  honor
it is for him to work at the National!
_http://theater.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/theater/john-lithgows-discovery-at-br
itains-national-theater.html?_r=0_
(http://theater.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/theater/john-lithgows-discovery-at-britains-national-theater.html?_r=0)

Cedar Lee Theatre
Cleveland Heights, 2163 Lee Rd, OH 44118,  216-321-5411