[NEohioPAL] LCC's "Next To Normal"

Bones Kelley-McCoy JDCKMcCoy2 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 18:29:05 PST 2013

I had the extreme pleasure of seeing Martin's presentation of this wonderfully adapted musical with some friends. We thoroughly enjoyed it from first to last moment.
The music was wonderfully performed & with the addition of the violin, the emotion were made raw and sensitive, drawing tears from our party. Having worked on 2 shows for Martin---"Assassins" & "Anyone Can Whistle" plus taking his classes, I believe that I understand something of how his mind works. That was made ever clear w/the Q & A afterward and I caught his intentions spot on.
Each show I worked also included the unvanquished talents of Amiee Collier, a vocal talent to be reckoned with for certain, but all of the cast were strong in character and song. The play treated the subject as an additional character and NOT a characature and was marvelously handled by Martin.
As for trad and his assistant Ben, they truly came through with THE PERFECT SET that helped as a storyteller and didn't get in the way of what was happening---it was, in itself, another, albeit subdued, character and helped to tell what could have been a most arduous story to tell and set to music.
Kudos to Martin for his selection, Trad and Bed for "less is definitely more" and all the performers and workers who made this show come alive and with spirit!!!!
Congratulations to you all!!
Thank you,
Chris 'Bones' Nathaniel-Rafer-Fiennes!!!!!!

Sunshine and Rainbows;
Bones AKA Chris Nathaniel-Rafer-Fiennes
From My IPHONE.