[NEohioPAL] NYCB Ballerina Zippora Karz- Diabetes Advocate

Jessica Wallis jlw22 at zips.uakron.edu
Sun Feb 17 13:32:42 PST 2013

*Support the Arts and Diabetes Awareness with Ballet in Cleveland
*
Ballet in Cleveland is in the planning stages to bring former New York City
Ballet soloist Zippora Karz to Cleveland this June. Ms. Karz is the author
of *The Sugarless Plum*, her memoir about dancing in one of the most
demanding ballet companies in the world, with diabetes. If you or a loved
one are living with diabetes or have otherwise been affected by diabetes
and wish to help, please support Ms. Karz's visit to Cleveland by
volunteering for these events or donating to our organization. It is our
wish to be able to present free programming with Ms. Karz during her time
in Cleveland, and we can only do so with your support.

If you wish to donate time or financially, or would like to help in another
way or to learn more, please email us at *info at balletincleveland.org* or
call *330-285-5779*.

Read more about Zippora Karz here:

http://zipporakarz.com/2009/09/when-diabetes-happens-to-a-prima-ballerina/