[NEohioPAL] Cleveland Shakespeare Festival auditions - March 30, April 1

Brian Pedaci bpedaci at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 22:17:35 PST 2013

PRESS RELEASE

*Contact:          *Brian Pedaci    info at cleveshakes.org

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*

*

*Cleveland Shakespeare Festival Announces Auditions for their 16th Season
of Free Outdoor Theater*

Our Summer Season is:
*Measure for Measure* - directed by Tyson Douglas Rand
*Two Gentlemen of Verona* – directed by Pandora Robertson

Performance dates are June 14th through August 4th .  We offer a total of
sixteen free performances (eight of each show) on tour in repertory to
seven different outdoor venues across Northeast Ohio, to a combined
audience of several thousand.

Auditions will be held at CleveShakesFest Headquarters:
Coventry Commons (formerly known as Coventry Grammar School)
Ensemble Theater Center
2843 Washington Blvd.
Cleveland Hts. OH 44118

*Afternoon Auditions on Saturday, March 30th – 1:00 to 5:00 PM
Evening Auditions on Monday, April 1st – 6:00 to 10:00 PM*

No appointment necessary.  Artists will be seen in the order of sign in.
There are no AEA contracts available. No housing is provided.  All actors
and production staff are paid a modest stipend.

Prepare two contrasting monologues. Total delivery time of both monologues
combined should not exceed three minutes. At least one of your two
monologues must be from the works of Shakespeare.

For consideration, bring TWO COPIES of each - head shot & resume, and
please also bring *any & all possible* known conflicts between the dates of
April 21st & June 22nd AND Saturdays & Sundays through August 4th.

*Call Backs* will be Tuesday and Wednesday, April 2nd & 3rd, from 7:00 to
10:00 PM

Actors invited to call backs should plan on attending for the full three
hour block, on at least one of the two days. For this exciting season’s
company, we’ll be searching for dance/movement & vocal/music skills as well
as Shakespearean language & verse skills, so dress for movement and be
prepared to vocalize.

We are honored each year by the vast array of local talent that comes
together from so many diverse theater groups to dive in and explore this
unique experience. Taking part in these community encouraging cultural
events allows seasoned professionals the chance to give something back to
the theater patrons that support them. At the same time, our classic
abridged productions also provide many serious theater students and
dedicated community theater enthusiasts an opportunity to work with and
grow alongside established and gifted theater artists from Greater
Cleveland and across Northeast Ohio.

For more information about auditions and our full touring schedule, visit
our website at www.cleveshakes.org.  If you’re interested in volunteering
or joining us in any other capacity, please email info at cleveshakes.org.

We hope to see you there. Break a Leg!

Tyson Douglas Rand & Pandora Robertson