[NEohioPAL] FREE ACTING CLASS

JW Myers rmkfilms at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 09:14:09 PST 2013

Route 40 Classes with Director JW Myers ("Doughboy," "Simple Gifts") is
about to start its next 4-week session on March 14th, so we’re having a
VIDEO COMPETITION.  Submit a 2 – 3 minute AUDITION VIDEO, and the WINNER(S)
receive one FREE MONTH of CLASS.  All entries must received by Monday,
March 11th.  Competition is open to NEW STUDENTS ONLY :) The winner will be
announced on our FaceBook page (“Like” Route 40 Acting Classes to keep up
with what’s going on).  Please submit a LINK to your YouTube or Vimeo video
(please don’t send files) to route40classes at gmail.com.

The class is ongoing, and we currently have a few spots open, so here is
the info on the class.  Love to have you join us – we always have a GREAT
GROUP.

Congratulations to last month's winner, competition winner Rich Phillis!
We've enjoyed having Rich work with us this month!  Thanks to everyone who
submitted!!!!

Thursday nights in Independence!!!

4 - 6 p.m. Ages 9 – 15 - "Little Movies"  - kids are encouraged to develop
their own sketches which will be shot on the last week of each session.
Lots of high-energy improve and hilarity.  And we always manage to learn a
little in between all of the laughter.

6 - 7 p.m. ADULTS - IMPROV HOUR. All improv, fast and furious. High-energy,
and short, quick scenes so that we can jam a whole lot of learning in an
hour. The cost is $50/month for IMPROV HOUR only.

7 - 9:30 p.m. ADULTS - SCENE STUDY CLASS. The first 30-45 minutes will be
dedicated to a specific lesson each week, followed by scene work. The 4th
class of each session will be CAMERA CLASS, and the scenes will be filmed
and posted on YouTube (private link). The cost of SCENE STUDY CLASS only is
$175 per 4-week session.

The cost to take BOTH CLASSES is discounted $25, to $200.  Dates of next
4-Week Session are February 14, 21, 28, and March 7th. Classes are held at
the Doubletree Hotel, 6200 Quarry Lane, Independence.

That’s all the info – good luck.  Auditions will be judged by an
independent panel of industry pros and winners will be notified immediately
and results posted on our FaceBook page.  You can submit whatever you want
(in good taste, please!), but personally, I am a fan of originality. I
don’t care AT ALL about the quality (use your phone, for God’s sake!), and
I am a big fan of FUNNY.   Don’t overthink this – have a great time, make a
little video, and send us a link!

Please stay tuned for upcoming competitions each month.  And remember to
send to route40classes at gmail.com, don’t hit “reply” to this email!
Thanks!!!