[NEohioPAL] PRESS RELEASE: Northeast Ohio Titanic Speaker To Appear In Dramedy As The Richest Man Onboard

Robert Catalano robcat1964 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 20 08:09:03 PDT 2013

Northeast Ohio Titanic Speaker To Appear In Dramedy As The Richest Man Onboard
Rob Catalano, RMS Titanic  enthusiast and public speaker, to appear as Colonel Astor in “Pilots of the Purple Twilight” at Broadview Heights Spotlights Theater.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Rob Catalano
Ph. 216-741-2046
E-mail: titaniclights at gmail.com
(Cleveland, Ohio, USA / March 2013)

Rob Catalano, who lives in the Old Brooklyn neighborhood of Cleveland, has spoken to groups all over Northeast Ohio on the tragedy of the RMS Titanic, will portray Col. John Jacob Astor IV, the richest man onboard during the doomed maiden voyage, in the Broadview Heights Spotlights Theater production of “Pilots of the Purple Twilight” by Steve Kluger, April 12 - 27.
“I’m thrilled and humbled to be portraying a person who is so well known and epitomizes much of what we know of those who sailed into history 101 years ago this April,” said Catalano. For the past decade, Catalano has spoken to groups of all ages about the Titanic disaster, and is noted for playing Second Officer Charles H. Lightoller. For six months in 2002, Catalano appeared as Lightoller during the Great Lakes Science Center’s production of “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition.”
“I dove into learning all about Lights, as Lightoller was known to his fellow crew members, and of course, knew about Col. Astor at a high level. In preparing for this show, I learned a lot more about the Colonel and have discovered he was much more than a millionaire playboy,” added Catalano. “Most people only remember his scandalous reputation, but not his achievements with the U.S. military and as an inventor.”
Catalano explained that In “Pilots of the Purple Twilight,” playwright Steven Kluger takes some liberties with characters and timelines of actual events, but he compellingly tells the story from the point of view of all classes and the crew. “The emotion, the drama, and yes, the comedy, are all part of how people might have reacted that fateful night,” concluded Catalano.
Director, Brian Westerley, stated that, “We’re excited to have someone in the cast who is so well-versed in Titanic lore. Rob has helped the entire cast get a better sense of who each character is and the emotional gamut they might have felt that night.”
For more information on the production, please call (440) 526-4404 or visit http://broadview-heights-spotlights.org. To learn more about the play, visit www.stevekluger.com. For more information on Catalano’s speaking engagements, visit his YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/user/titaniclights or see online articles at http://tinyurl.com/Titanic-HudsonHubTimes and http://tinyurl.com/Titanic-PlainDealer. You can reach Catalano at titaniclights at gmail.com.
###