[NEohioPAL] Army Wives casting Director

Tom Woodward ttomwoodward at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 17 08:06:34 PDT 2013

Ms. Myers:

50 people for one day? Are you kidding?
There is nothing personal or "one-on-one" about an event like this.
15 people, maybe, but not 50.
So, if you get a response from 50 people--no matter how pathetically unqualified or untalented or inexperienced--you will take in nearly $9,000.
Did you contact the SAG-AFTRA office in Cleveland about this? OR, the Talent Agencies in Pittsburgh, Columbus and/or Cleveland?

Yes, I am very skeptical and suspicious of this. After nine years of living in Los Angeles, and getting work out there, as well as regional cities, and now here in Cleveland for the past few years, I have seen my share of scams, and of 'good intentions' that don't really serve the acting community or serve as an effective way to uncover talent. I am not saying definitively that  this is a scam, just wanting to rule out the possibility that it could be.

Is this for Union and Non-Union talent?

And, where specifically is this to take place?

Also, who are you exactly--are you a talent agent?  A Casting Director? Do you work on behalf of Mr. Futch?

Forgive my blunt and suspicious questions, I am merely "pre-screening" you.

Sincerely,

Tom Woodward
Twenty year active member in good standing with SAG-AFTRA
Fifteen year active member in good standing with Actors' Equity Association.