[NEohioPAL] Clarification on15, 000 Butterfly display "I never saw another Butterfly"

Kelly Miloro kellymiloro at gmail.com
Fri May 17 12:26:20 PDT 2013

When I posted the story below, it did not include the detail that the
butterflies are handcrafted paper butterflies made by people in and out of
state, not real butterflies. For a picture of part of the butterfly wall,
please go to our facebook link below. thank you!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geauga-Lyric-Theater-Guild/64309908447?ref=hl#!/photo.php?fbid=10151923300863448&set=a.189328438447.161872.64309908447&type=1&theater

This  spring Angela Miloro-Hansen, director of the teen drama *I Never Saw
Another Butterfly* at Geauga Theater, decided to initiate a collection of
15,000 butterflies to represent the children that passed through the
Terezin concentration camp, of which only 100 survived.
 Inspired by Holocaust Museum Houston "The Butterfly Project", which
collected butterflies to represent all the children who perished in the
Holocaust, Miloro-Hansen would have "been impressed to reach 5,000". Once
information about the project spread through conversation, posters and
Facebook the butterflies began to trickle in and before long butterflies
were arriving from Chardon Middle School, St. Mary's, Girl Scout troops,
Notre Dame- Cathedral Latin, Burton Public Library, to name a few and from
as far away as Washington state. The cast and crew of the play worked on a
large portion of butterflies at home and during rehearsals. The goal of
15,000 was met within several weeks, and now there are over 17,000.
15,000 butterflies will be on display during the performances of *I Never
Saw Another Butterfly*. "There are a lot!" states Miloro-Hansen, "I am
moved by the outpouring, the turnout was overwhelming. We appreciate all
the effort."

*I Never Saw Another Butterfly **is based on a true story, this incredibly
powerful script follows the journey of a teen and young woman as they are
imprisoned in the Terezin concentration camp. In conjunction with the play,
a traveling exhibit entitled “From the Children, About the Children, For
the Children-Art of the Holocaust”, will be on display. The exhibit is on
loan from The Center for Holocaust and Humanity Education through a grant
from the Jewish Federation of Cleveland*.
Performances will be at Geauga Theater this Friday and Saturday May 17 and
18 at 7:30 p.m., and Sunday May 19 at 2:00 p.m. The cast will be performing
for local schools during the following week and will culminate the
production in the Brickner Auditorium at Fairmount Temple at 7:00 p.m. on
May 22 Betty Gold, a Holocaust survivor, will be a special guest at the
Fairmount Temple and will answer questions from the stage after the
performance. Fairmount Temple is located at 23737 Fairmount Road in
Beachwood. Public shows are $5.00, with reserved seats at Geauga Theater
and general admission and tickets at the door at Fairmount Temple. For more
information visit www.geaugatheater.org. Questions may be emailed to
teendramaproject at hotmail.com<http://mc/compose?to=teendramaproject@hotmail.com>
.

The Geauga Theater is located on Chardon Square, at 101 Water Street. For
more information, or to purchase tickets for the Chardon performances, go
to www.geaugatheater.org or call 440-286-2255.
buy your tickets online anytime!
    www.geaugatheater.org
Kelly Miloro