[NEohioPAL] 8x10 Play Festival - Don't Miss It!

Janis Harcar jharcar at weathervaneplayhouse.com
Thu Aug 15 07:45:11 PDT 2013

Weathervane Playhouse

Third  Annual 8x 10 TheatreFest.

(8 plays, 10 minutes each)

A young man is forced to explain life-altering circumstances to his fragile younger brother.   A young couple discuss a future together, but in a completely unfiltered - and hysterical - way. A middle-aged couple is awakened by a noise, and the husband ventures forth bravely, armed only with a tennis racquet, to confront the intruder. These are just a sampling of what audiences will find at Weathervane Playhouse=s third annual 8x10 TheatreFest August 16-18.

The finalist plays to be presented at TheatreFest are:

* The Wife of Sisyphus by Walter Cuirle of Kensington, MD, directed by Jacqi Loewy and featuring Ron Cuirle, Harriet DeVeto, and Jasen Smith.

* Little Miss Understanding by Andrew Ade of New Wilmington, PA, directed by Bill Morgan and featuring Rachel Gehlert and Zach Oliver.

  Bad Thing by Mark Cornell of Chapel Hill, NC, directed by Mary Mahoney and featuring Scott Davis and Matt King.

  Why Did I Marry an Illegal Alien by Lenny Levy of Gaithersburg, MD, directed by Chanda Porter and featuring Adam Alderson and Abby Schramp.

* Again by Benjamin Gorman of Columbus, OH, directed by Eileen Moushey and featuring Adam Alderson, Andrew Alderson and Rachel Gehlert.

* Hey, Hey, I Wanna Get Married by Brandy Reichenberger of Chicago, IL, directed by Eileen Moushey and featuring Tim Fair and Elyse Ramirez.

* Doubles Troubles by Ross Tandowsky of Tracy, CA, directed by Ian Haberman and featuring Eileen Moushey and Tom Stephan.

  Shimmer by Tess Light of Los Alamos, NM,, directed by Scott Davis and featuring Ron Cuirle and Sue Jeromson.

* indicates playwrights who are traveling to Akron for TheatreFest

This years Guest Judges include:
John Hedges, Executive Director, Weathervane Playhouse
David Ritchey, theater critic for The West-Side Leader and  professor in the School of Communication in The University of Akron.
Bill O’Connor, retired reporter, columnist and theatre/movie critic for the Akron Beacon Journal.
Russ Musarra, another Beacon Journal theatre critic alum and the writer and editor of several books about Akron’s history and neighborhoods.

Following the Sunday matinee, winners will be announced and prizes awarded.  Guest Judges will choose the First and Second place winners and audience members will vote for The Fan Favorite.
8 x 10 TheatreFest Performance and Ticket Information

The Performances

Friday, August 16 at 8 p.m.

Saturday, August 17 at 8 p.m

Sunday, August 18 at 2:30 p.m.

Tickets
$10 each

By phone: 330-836-2626

In person: 1301 Weathervane Lane in Akron

Online: www.weathervaneplayhouse.com.

* * *

Weathervane Playhouse and its dedicated volunteers offer vital performing arts resources for the people of Northeastern Ohio. We create exciting and thought-provoking shows with impressive production values. Through educational programs and volunteer opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds, Weathervane serves the theater community, our patrons and our volunteers.

The Ohio Arts Council helped fund this program with state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, education excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans.

Janis Harcar
Director of Advancement
Weathervane Playhouse
330-836-2626 X16